Week Two: Bills at Giants

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Honestly, I listen to WFAN just to hear Joe Beningo cry about, and to hear Mike Francesa dog, the Jets. Top notch entertainment.

Yeah, I purposely listened today to hear the reactions of Joe Benigno & Evan Roberts (both Jest fans) and the aforementioned afternoon blowhard who loves the Giants and is a long-time Bill Parcells ballwasher who loves to rag on the Jest and Mets every chance he gets. I was thankful for several  laugh worthy moments today. As a Met fan, I listen to WFAN fairly frequently, and the fans in the NYC area who cheer for all of the local teams are some of the most insufferable in the country. Probably second only to Boston sports fans. I hope the Bills have shaken off the rust and lay a beat down on the blue New Jersey team this Sunday. 

Edited by ExWNYer
  • Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

stopping the run will be key.  I'm not sure what to do with Milano.  As @Virgil points out, having him cover Barkley ensures good tackling.  ON the other hand. E. Engram is a beast of a receiving TE.  Perhaps put Edmunds on Engram and Milano following Barkley around?  

Otherwise, rush Manning and he should throw and INT or two.  

ed oliver is gonna be a beast. i don't know who the center is for the gmen, but eli needs a pocket to step up in. i'm also grateful lorax is calling the pass rush schemes pre play.

they are gonna need to get it with the front 4 so the lbs can do their thing. hopefully lorax will be calling his own no. a lot.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

He's being an idiot today.  He obviously hasn't seen much if any of the games Josh has played in.  He said Allen is terribly inaccurate & is accurate on one in every 5 passes.  If he wants to be that lazy he should never talk about any other team outside of the NYC area.   Otherwise he should prepare better.  I'm listening to him today because I'm waiting for his apoplectic Jet fan callers & after catching some of the Bills postgame yesterday the last 2 clowns I want to hear today are Shopp & Bulldog.   

Spot on. He came out of retirement because the station manager or CEO of Entercom went to his home and begged him to come back because their new afternoon drive show was not doing well. They threw a boatload of money at him and he jumped at it and has been mailing it in ever since. Since his retirement, he's been all about promoting his stupid, overpriced app which is going belly up on October 1st. Who the hell would pay $8.99 per month or $98.99 for a one-year subscription to listen to his insufferable diatribes? Apparently, not many. ? Listening to him for free is one thing but to pay for an arrogant, mouth-breathing, boor who never lets any of his callers finish a sentence is absolutely asinine. I can only take him in small doses before I have to listen to something else. It's amazing to me the number of people in the Big Apple who worship at his bloated altar. "Back afta dis..." 

https://nypost.com/2019/09/03/mike-francesas-subscription-app-is-dead/

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by ExWNYer

Mike just bagged some more on Allen & said you're born accurate.  Obviously he himself was born inaccurate himself.  It's clowns like Mike who have the Giants fans betting on Sunday & I'm grateful to him & his ilk for the 2.5 point spread I bet today.  

7 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

I would like to know if a team has ever played two straight road games in the same stadium ever. The Bills have played 2X at the meadowlands in a season before but never had a schedule of two straight weeks in a row there. Just a bizarre schedule!

Halfway to two road wins to start the season!!!!

That Does Not suck???

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Albwan said:

Francesa is going nuts now,  bashing Allen, teehee... he's completely triggered...

Allen was "atrocious"...most inaccurate starter in the world....lololol

They "let him hang around"....

gives props to the defense...

I was listening too. (WFAN is also on Radio.com App.)  Opinion based on prevailing wisdom and seeing two passes.

4 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

In preseason, the offense ran some absolutely picture-perfect screens. I don't think they ran a single one vs. the Jets. I hope they run some more designed plays like that vs. the Giants, and balance the pass/run ratio a little better. 

They tried on the one were the WR got blown up. That’s the only one I remember.

6 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

weirdly enough....the Jets and Giants use two different visitors locker rooms, so the Bills actually WON'T be in the same visitors locker room. I have no explanation as to why. 

When your on the tax payers dime and money is no object you can do this sort of thing.

We have crisp tackling on Sunday the Bills will win  Barkley is the most physically gifted back the league has seen since Bo Jackson.  Eli will throw 40 checkdowns within 10 yards of the los.  I fully expect Hyde/Power to come up with at least one turnover from Eli and I'd expect the corners to sit on anything over 15 yards especially outside. 

44 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Mike just bagged some more on Allen & said you're born accurate. 

Troy Aikmen says the same thing FWIW.  Not much evidence to the contrary.

As someone who has questioned Josh's accuracy I was encouraged  by a lot of what I saw yesterday.

Of course he still has a lot of work to do. 

Coming through with the game on the line is another thing you are either born with or not.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Accuracy isn't an issue imo. Decision making is to this point.

Certainly seemed to be the case yesterday.  But I'm still not ready to crown his ass as an accurate passer.

The thing about Josh that has impressed me the most is his nack for coming through in the clutch.  That's whey I changed my avatar to Roger, who was on of the best at this.  Hoping Josh keeps it up.  And continues to  improve all parts of his game.

Edited by reddogblitz