Week Two: Bills at Giants

YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

More of this next week please :lol:

It may have been my imagination or wishful thinking, but based on when the crowd got loud or quiet, I felt the Bills had as much if not more crowd cooperation than the Jets.  Loud when the Jets were on offense, quiet when the Bills were on offense.

4 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

weirdly enough....the Jets and Giants use two different visitors locker rooms, so the Bills actually WON'T be in the same visitors locker room. I have no explanation as to why. 

I knew the Jets and Giants each had their own "home" locker rooms, but you're saying they have their own visitors' rooms as well?  Seems like a waste...

Giants defense got embarrassed in Dallas so they'll be motivated to be much better in their home opener.  Eli looked decent against the Cowboys and Barkley is the best back in the league.  I see this being another close game.

Ok, so one of the things we do fantastically well here on TSW is overreact to a given week's result -- good or bad.  I'm going to try and buck that trend here, because as others have noted the Giants' offense has some formidable weapons.  I'm confident McD will devise a scheme to limit big plays but it will absolutely be incumbent upon the Bills to score points on offense -- I think they'll need at least 24 -- and to limit the turnovers that plagued them this week.  Despite the Giants' poor showing in Dallas they will be motivated to win at home and even their record.  I believe they'll learn from their mistakes in Dallas and feed Barkley more.  They also know they got no pass rush to speak of in Dallas and will probably start bringing extra bodies to try and pressure the inexperienced Allen.  I'd like to see the screen game if that happens.

It's a little surprising to me that the Bills have opened as favorites, and I would expect the line to move closer to a pick'em throughout the week.  It's funny, I think I was more confident the Bills would beat the Jets than I am about this week's game.

3 hours ago, Logic said:

God I hate the "putting each through burning tables" thing. What are Bills fans, a bunch of WWE loving 8th graders circa 1998? 

Foolishness.

Show up, be loud, represent the team with pride, but for the love of God....quit putting each other through flaming tables.

But hey, that's showbiz, baby.

13 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Giants defense got embarrassed in Dallas so they'll be motivated to be much better in their home opener.  Eli looked decent against the Cowboys and Barkley is the best back in the league.  I see this being another close game.

I never buy that type of stuff.

This is the NFL. If they weren't motivated to play against a divisional opponent that beat them 4 consecutive times leading up to the game, what are they doing in the NFL?

Now, I do agree that it should be another close game, but the bold statement just doesn't make much sense to me.

38 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

It may have been my imagination or wishful thinking, but based on when the crowd got loud or quiet, I felt the Bills had as much if not more crowd cooperation than the Jets.  Loud when the Jets were on offense, quiet when the Bills were on offense.

The stands looked pretty empty when they showed it. Lots of empty seats all over the place.

6 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I never buy that type of stuff.

This is the NFL. If they weren't motivated to play against a divisional opponent that beat them 4 consecutive times leading up to the game, what are they doing in the NFL?

Now, I do agree that it should be another close game, but the bold statement just doesn't make much sense to me.

You don't buy they'll be motivated to play better?

If he is still on their roster by next week, target Antonio Hamilton!

Francesa on WFAN:

'Giants have got no defense

No pass rush
No corners

But this is the easy part of their schedule, they have to beat Buffalo.'

I hope they repeat their idiotic mistakes from last week, like not feeding Barkley, like thinking Eli is mobile, etc etc etc. Man the Bills have to feel good going back to MetLife again.

Also says, the Giants should not be the underdogs in this game. Giants are better. Hmm!

Edited by Golden*Wheels

4 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Francesa on WFAN:

No pass rush
No corners

I hope they repeat their idiotic mistakes from last week, like not feeding Barkley, like thinking Eli is mobile, etc etc etc. Man the Bills have to feel good going back to MetLife again.

Also says, the Giants should not be the underdogs in this game. Giants are better. Hmm!

Blowhard Fatcessa also just said that the Bills have no business being favorites over the Giants because the Giants are a better team or, at worst, just as good as the Bills. Said the Bills won a game they had no business winning and "have a quarterback, in Allen, who had their fans longing for Nathan Peterman." Uhhhh...no. Then he grudgingly said that the Bills do have a good defense but he truly believes that the tire fire Giants are a better team. The Bills could certainly lose that game but the Giants are not a better team by any stretch.    

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

weirdly enough....the Jets and Giants use two different visitors locker rooms, so the Bills actually WON'T be in the same visitors locker room. I have no explanation as to why. 

So the Patriots have to install more cameras.

• Like (+1) 2

I watched the Giants game yesterday. The Giants have pretty good talent. My opinion is , the Cowboys were on fire yesterday and were unstoppable. 

The Buffalo Bills will have their hands full next Sunday. Im pretty sure the Giants are a much better more physical team than the NY Jets based on what I saw yesterday. 

Just now, Albwan said:

Francesa is going nuts now,  bashing Allen, teehee... he's completely triggered...

Allen was "atrocious"...most inaccurate starter in the world....lololol

They "let him hang around"....

gives props to the defense...

His take on Odell was spot on though (he doesn’t need that watch to know what time it is. Time to be another losing team ?)

1 minute ago, ExWNYer said:

Blowhard Fatcessa also just said that the Bills have no business being favorites over the Giants because the Giants are a better team or, at worst, just as good as the Bills. Said the Bills won a game they had no business winning and "have a quarterback, in Allen, who had their fans longing for Nathan Peterman." Uhhhh...no. Then he grudgingly said that the Bills do have a good defense but he truly believes that the tire fire Giants are a better team. The Bills could certainly lose that game but the Giants are not a better team by any stretch.    

Honestly, I listen to WFAN just to hear Joe Beningo cry about, and to hear Mike Francesa dog, the Jets. Top notch entertainment.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Francesa on WFAN:

No pass rush
No corners

He's being an idiot today.  He obviously hasn't seen much if any of the games Josh has played in.  He said Allen is terribly inaccurate & is accurate on one in every 5 passes.  If he wants to be that lazy he should never talk about any other team outside of the NYC area.   Otherwise he should prepare better.  I'm listening to him today because I'm waiting for his apoplectic Jet fan callers & after catching some of the Bills postgame yesterday the last 2 clowns I want to hear today are Shopp & Bulldog.   

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 1