Week Two: Bills at Giants

YoloinOhio

God I hate the "putting each through burning tables" thing. What are Bills fans, a bunch of WWE loving 8th graders circa 1998? 

Foolishness.

Show up, be loud, represent the team with pride, but for the love of God....quit putting each other through flaming tables.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Logic said:

God I hate the "putting each through burning tables" thing. What are Bills fans, a bunch of WWE loving 8th graders circa 1998? 

Foolishness.

Show up, be loud, represent the team with pride, but for the love of God....quit putting each other through flaming tables.

When you're with Buffalo....you're with Buffalo...4-LIFE!!!

• Haha (+1) 3

Barkley is like Barry Sanders, there is no one man that can stop him. The only thing you can do is hope to contain him and try not to give up the big plays. The Giants' OL still isn't the greatest. If you push the pocket from the middle like we did against the Jets and put heat on Eli then he will make bad throws. Despite a decent game against Dallas they still had trouble putting points on the board. I think our Secondary is better overall than the Cowboys and hopefully our Secondary can grab a couple of INT's this week. 

• Like (+1) 3

39 minutes ago, Logic said:

Foolishness.

Lol, seems like it's starting to become the "norm" for some Bills fans. But yeah, a little over the top for me as well.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

With almost no deep threats, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Hyde shadow Engram or at least support.  

I see a lot of underneath zones on the corner to cover Barkley.  

Hyde on Engram would be good.  

Still not sure even Milano on Barkely is sufficient.  Perhpas Milano/Poyer combo?  

Looking forward to it.  We have a great D.  They should be up to the task.  But Barkley is a beast.  He will get his, but we can't let him beat us.  

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

5 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Hyde on Engram would be good.  

Still not sure even Milano on Barkely is sufficient.  Perhpas Milano/Poyer combo?  

Looking forward to it.  We have a great D.  They should be up to the task.  But Barkley is a beast.  He will get his, but we can't let him beat us.  

This is a great game to play a lot of man coverage.  The only exception to that rule will be how they handle Saquon...probably need to bracket him with a LB and a DB walked down into the box (Poyer or Neal).  If you're playing nickel, and you're using Poyer/Neal to bracket Barkley, that means you're manned up everywhere else with a free blitzer on every play; you should be able to force Eli into turnovers a few times.

Now, that'll all change dramatically if Jones enters the game.  In that case, I'm going to go heavy on Cover-3 and mix up my pressures to keep him guessing. If Jones can function in a timing approach then he can flourish; if you force him to hold the ball, he'll make mistakes.

• Like (+1) 5

4 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I hope Milano and edmunds eat their wheaties cause Barkley and engram are about as tough a matchup as they’ll get this season. 

PMT put it best today. It was one of those games where if you look at the stat line, you think, "wow, they look pretty good."  But, if you watched, you know they are a train wreck. 

14 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Beasley and Brown all day???   Some Singletary to control the clock?  Hopefully Foster is back! 

Be interesting to see how they coach the run game next week.  The power combo approach was working really well when they ran it, but the Giants did an admirable job of stuffing Dallas' run game when asked to yesterday.

I would anticipate a similar approach next week: quick-hitters to get the QB comfortable early and get the front-7 tired; come back in the 2nd half with pin/pull combo calls that move the big dudes up front and create space for a one-cutter like Devin to gash 'em.

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

This is a great game to play a lot of man coverage.  The only exception to that rule will be how they handle Saquon...probably need to bracket him with a LB and a DB walked down into the box (Poyer or Neal).  If you're playing nickel, and you're using Poyer/Neal to bracket Barkley, that means you're manned up everywhere else with a free blitzer on every play; you should be able to force Eli into turnovers a few times.

Now, that'll all change dramatically if Jones enters the game.  In that case, I'm going to go heavy on Cover-3 and mix up my pressures to keep him guessing. If Jones can function in a timing approach then he can flourish; if you force him to hold the ball, he'll make mistakes.

love the idea of a LB/DB bracket.  I'd use Poyer, I think he's the better run stopper of the two (Poyer or Neal).  

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

love the idea of a LB/DB bracket.  I'd use Poyer, I think he's the better run stopper of the two (Poyer or Neal).  

Yeah, the bonus on walking Poyer down low is that he fits well against the run (though we're probably sacrificing a bit of his ability to key quickly by walking him down).  The other side of the coin is that using Neal in that role (even if it's half the time or less) allows you to disguise the look a bit better. Since Neal plays the slot on a regular basis, you're not telegraphing that he's actually functioning as a big-nickel box safety instead of a slot corner.

In reality, McDermott & Co. are probably way ahead of me and will do both plus some other approaches to limit how badly he can hurt you out of the backfield.

• Like (+1) 1

Kinda nice that we're going back to the same stadium for our second road game - good for all the rooks and others that are new to our team to have two games in a row, in the same place.  They'll know the routine, the stadium set-up, the locker room, etc.  Not sure it'll really help, but it sure can't hurt! :beer:

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Heitz said:

Kinda nice that we're going back to the same stadium for our second road game - good for all the rooks and others that are new to our team to have two games in a row, in the same place.  They'll know the routine, the stadium set-up, the locker room, etc.  Not sure it'll really help, but it sure can't hurt! :beer:

For sure man...at this point, for the younger guys, any semblance of normalcy or routine is going to help.

• Like (+1) 1