Restarting an old tradtion: The Post-Game "Mea Culpa" thread...

In the spirit of allowing the over-emotional gameday thread posters a chance to recant their in-game foolishness, I thought It might be a good idea to resurrect an ancient TSW tradition. This thread is for you to walk back your hottest of takes, be it a "Put in barkley" or "Josh Peterman" take, whatever that may be. Now's your chance to atone for foolishness, Bills fans. Have at it.

As for me...I repent for my underestimating Motor Singletary's playmaking capability. Mea Culpa.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

My mea culpa, I didn’t venture into that Hell hole. It’s never been my intention to jump into a GDT and start bootin’ jag offs, but it becomes necessary, even though we all understand the Jekyll & Hyde, frenetic emotions during the 16 hours per year the Bills take over our psyche. 

So I’ll just wait for reports. 

• Like (+1) 2

No mea culpa here - but I like the resurrection of this. I thought it would be a tough game to win and it was. I make it a point not to post anything until the game is over and I have a chance to evaluate it in total. If I underestimated anything, it was the level of idocy people can reach when emotional. You would think nothing would surprise me after years of being on this forum; however, each game day thread, some posters rise to the challenge....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

No mea culpa here - but I like the resurrection of this. I thought it would be a tough game to win and it was. I make it a point not to post anything until the game is over and I have a chance to evaluate it in total. If I underestimated anything, it was the level of idocy people can reach when emotional. You would think nothing would surprise me after years of being on this forum; however, each game day thread, some posters rise to the challenge....

So true, particularly during games when things might not be going quite right. It’s amazng how some think the second half of games will play out exactly like the first. It never happens that way.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

In the spirit of allowing the over-emotional gameday thread posters a chance to recant their in-game foolishness, I thought It might be a good idea to resurrect an ancient TSW tradition. This thread is for you to walk back your hottest of takes, be it a "Put in barkley" or "Josh Peterman" take, whatever that may be. Now's your chance to atone for foolishness, Bills fans. Have at it.

As for me...I repent for my underestimating Motor Singletary's playmaking capability. Mea Culpa.

YOU.  You are Mr. Positive in the game-day thread!  I did not expect the offense to generate any points after going down 16-0.  I thought the D would continue to play well, but didn't see any positive plays coming from Allen.  

However, Allen wore out Mosley by continually throwing the ball to him, and alas, he couldn't handle it.  Mosely goes out, Bills come back.  

Edited by RyanC883
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

can I buy an indulgence for the Patriots game?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

I think lesson learned for Daboll.  They wanted to "get into a rhythm."  OK, but throw some running plays in there to keep the defense guessing.

My guess is, Daboll was calling run plays but Allen kept checking out of them. He audibled quite a bit in the first few series.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Plano said:

Am I the only person here who hates the term "mea culpa"?

Yes, and I'm willing to forgive it.

Go in peace.

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

For letting the thought cross my mind that I needed to start composing an "I guess you were right @ScottLaw about the Jets" post around halftime yesterday, when I should've just rested secure in the knowledge that no, nothing to be concerned about here whatsoever! Mea Culpa.:) 

All is forgiven, NHK12

• Haha (+1) 3

I gave up on the team and season at halftime. I didn't post anything in the GDT, but I sure as heck said a lot to my TV before turning it off and leaving the house. The turnovers just drove me nuts, especially the one that got called back to the unrelated defensive holding penalty. How can you let a safety bait you into that throw? I'm still mad about it.

FWIW, I dislike social media and message board hot takes because Internet culture doesn't allow you to walk back anything.