5 questions answered vs the Jets

Inigo Montoya

3 hours ago, CSBill said:

Gore looked very average--and his play at the goal line was not 16 year veteran-like. I will not be surprised to see Yeldon getting involved as we go forward.

Think both these are good points.  Even tough I don't think it was a safety - it was a terrible play by Gore "the most experienced RB in the league" to not get low and make damn sure he did not get stopped at the goal line.  Yeldon catching some balls out of the backfield would add another dimension to the offense as well.  

3 hours ago, bladiebla said:

Hmm, if anything the RB play is raising more questions. Gore? Just 4 touches for Singletary ? Did we really use the passing game to setup the running game? Motor? Errr, 4 good runs against a D set to protect the pass. Lot's of questions here imho. Is it o-line based? Is Gore gassed? Can Singletary cary any real load?

Did we go 3 straight series without a russhing attempt to start the game? Im not sure if McDerm was just trying to work out all the kinks but I was losing my mind watching the start of the game 

7 hours ago, fansince88 said:

I have no problem with him getting 4th qtr carries to secure the ball but even then no time was taken off the clock. Hit the line and went down. I have said this before during the game but it is worth repeating.  Gore is as old as he looks. Anyone that says he has fuel in the tank is including fumes because I dont see it. 

What you didn’t see..... was a hole for Gore to run through.  Just like shady last year.  Meanwhile shady gets 10 carries for 81 in KC.

singletary looks great.  He’s better than gore.  He should get more touches.  This game, he had gaping holes, while Gore had none

A question coming into this game I had was how balanced our offense would be. I felt like a big difference between the first half, and the second was balance. The first half felt like a preseason game to me, where they didn't balance the scheme-- just throw, after throw, after throw. In the second half, the scheme was balanced, and much harder to defend. 

I think Gore will be better A) as our OL gels and B) against teams that aren't as stacked up the middle as the Jets.  It's worth paying attention to but hopefully this was a one game issue. 

Singletary was impressive.  His vision, quick twitch, hesitation/acceleration was fun to watch.  He also proved to be a weapon in the passing game after the early drop.  That hesitation juke on the sideline in the 4th off the reception was beautiful.

8 hours ago, CSBill said:

The win, Shady's performance yesterday, and Singletary's outstanding 4th quarter, save Beane from a lot of doubters and questions today. I have been all-in on Beane's moves, but this one I was not so sure about.

Gore looked very average--and his play at the goal line was not 16 year veteran-like. I will not be surprised to see Yeldon getting involved as we go forward.

Shady looked good and I like Singletary.... we shall see but imo that move looks more and more like a way to save money when cutting yeldon and keeping shady makes more sense