[Name Only Title] Melvin Gordon

BillsfaninSB

I thought Singletary’s game looked a lot like Melvin Gordon’s today.  That’s saying a lot. Gordon can ball. No reason to go out and pay Gordon when we have Motor on a rookie deal.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsfaninSB said:

I know Singletary was good and I’m getting way ahead of myself but hypothetically let’s say we go 3-0 but the offense is still a bit wobbly.   Should the FO consider going after Gordon to give the offense a shot in the arm and take some pressure off Allen?

Why though? The offense wasn’t “wobbly” because of Singletary. It was wobbly because Gore is just a name at this point, Allen made some iffy decisions, Beasley dropped the ball, and Daboll forgot Singletary was on the team. All these things cannot be remedied by shelling out draft capital for the opportunity to bring in Gordon and then paying him $13 million a year. 

And Allen should be under pressure. To win in the NFL you need to be able to perform under pressure. He’s a grown up big boy quarterback, not a baby. 

Edited by JoPar_v2

26 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Why though? The offense wasn’t “wobbly” because of Singletary. It was wobbly because Gore is just a name at this point, Allen made some iffy decisions, Beasley dropped the ball, and Daboll forgot Singletary was on the team. All these things cannot be remedied by shelling out draft capital for the opportunity to bring in Gordon and then pay him $13 million a year. 

And Allen should be under pressure. To win in the NFL you need to be able to perform under pressure. He’s a grown up big boy quarterback, not a baby. 

Because I just saw how the Patriots just decimated the Steelers and will be getting AB to boot.  It’s depressing and I’m sick of it.

If we have a good start and want to invest in this season let’s get as much firepower as possible. 

Giving up picks would suck but if we are serious about making a run and want to complete with the Patriots and Chiefs I would be okay with it.

2 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

If they go after someone I’d rather get an AJ Green when he comes back. Zay is not the answer opposite Brown. 

The FBI couldn't find Zay on the field yesterday. Speaking of which, did any pf the guys form last year, McKensie? Foster? play?

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

The FBI couldn't find Zay on the field yesterday. Speaking of which, did any pf the guys form last year, McKensie? Foster? play?

I'd have to rewatch it but they didn't seem to have any four to five WR sets so it was only Brown Beasley, and Jones.  If they went five wide they'd have a RB, FB, or TE occupying at least two of those spots.  In other words, we upgraded from last year at the WR position.

Edited by Doc Brown