Week 4 Against the Pats.... ??

Scorp83

9 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

I was so hyped after our comeback win today...like when can you honestly remember the last time the Bills were down in a meaningful game in the 4th Qtr...& you didn't feel like we were out of it?!?!  

Well that high just dropped after watching The Sith Lords of New England just destroyed the Steelers! It's not even Vader himself aka Brady... nor Darth Sidious aka Belicheat.  But that defense...that young defense from 2 years ago...has gelled pretty well...man. Gilmore just shut down JuJu like he was one of the top WR's last year

Everytime I feel like we took a step...here comes frickin avocado ice cream eating Brady looking better then ever...like he's not 42!! Smh when will it end??  I'm not feeling good about our chances in week 4...even if we're 3-0 heading into that game, with the momentum. ???

Thoughts?

The steelers also didn't look every good on either side of the ball.  JuJu clearly missed having an all-pro opposite him, and they couldn't run the ball at all.  Big Ben looked rusty too - guess it happens when you sit your guys all preseason.  

9 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

I was so hyped after our comeback win today...like when can you honestly remember the last time the Bills were down in a meaningful game in the 4th Qtr...& you didn't feel like we were out of it?!?!  

Well that high just dropped after watching The Sith Lords of New England just destroyed the Steelers! It's not even Vader himself aka Brady... nor Darth Sidious aka Belicheat.  But that defense...that young defense from 2 years ago...has gelled pretty well...man. Gilmore just shut down JuJu like he was one of the top WR's last year

Everytime I feel like we took a step...here comes frickin avocado ice cream eating Brady looking better then ever...like he's not 42!! Smh when will it end??  I'm not feeling good about our chances in week 4...even if we're 3-0 heading into that game, with the momentum. ???

Thoughts?

This is the game we hope to see Robert Foster return. Belichick loves to take your best player out of the game by doubling him. John Brown seems to be that guy. So insert another speedster threat to the other side allowing Cole, TE room to roam the middle of field also opening run game for Gore and Motor

1 hour ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

It is well known that the teams success if totally dependent on bulletin board fans being focused on the task at hand, and not be idly speculating about three weeks hence. 

I thought so....that's why i posted.

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

First off, you need to figure out this unhealthy relationship you have with Brady and the Pats. It’s 3 weeks away and we just won a game yesterday.  

Second, the only thing I will feed into this is, we don’t know how Antonio Brown will handle playing there.  He wants his next big contract and that comes from performance.  

After Edelman, Brady’s Butt Brother for Life, the other receivers only had 4-5 targets each, including Gordon.   Brown doesn’t do well not being the center or attention and won’t like if he’s not building his resume to get paid again. 

That’s the thing about crazy.  It can’t stop or control being crazy for but so long 

Bingo.

My dream scenario is that AB has a social media meltdown after not getting enough targets leading Belichick to cut him.  AND Josh Gordon getting popped on another piss test leading to him being suspended/cut.

Both prior to week four!

27 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

While it's way to early to know for sure, it seemed to me the Pats* weren't that good so much as the Steelers were that bad. Do they even have a running back?

not sure - they just kept running him towards the sidelines... the oline never got far enough out to create any type of zone to cut back into.  

I’m really trying to distance myself from what that team does this season.  In the past, I would only be happy on Sunday if the Bills won AND the Pats lost.  That’s a recipe for a lot if bad Sundays.

I barely even watched their game last night.  Clearly, they look like a jauggernaut and will be tough to beat, but I just want the Bills to keep winning and contend.  When it comes time to face them, the any given Sunday rule is in full effect.

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Bingo.

My dream scenario is that AB has a social media meltdown after not getting enough targets leading Belichick to cut him.  AND Josh Gordon getting popped on another piss test leading to him being suspended/cut.

Both prior to week four!

Wouldnt be surprised if theyre asking him to massively scale back any type of social media presence.  

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Bingo.

Both prior to week four!

My dream scenario is every Pat is healthy and Wallace/White shut those two down for 3 catches for 17 yards.

Dream Scenario!

After watching last night's game I'm happy the Pats signed AB. They don't need him. He's not going to make their offense that much better, they can already put up 30 against most teams. But what could happen is that he hinders their offense as they attempt to integrate him into their offense mid-season. I've seen it before where teams try and force balls to WRs to "keep them happy." And I can hear you now, "that's not what the Pats will do" and maybe it's not, but I don't see AB being happy with him, Edelman and Gordon splitting receptions. 

I just don't see it going as smoothly as everybody thinks. 

The Patriots will regret signing Antonio Brown. He will end up bringing the team down. He is a cancer and will continue to be a cancer in Foxboro. He may play nice for a couple of weeks. I also won’t be surprised if he gets disciplined by the NFL. They can’t let this go with no punishment, or next year their will be 5 guys trying to sabotage their team in order to get released from their team.

6 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

Get the kinks out??? Get the kinks out??? So while we're getting the kinks out... the Pats will be in rare form...

I understand this game is 3 weeks away... but you play chess 3 moves away... the Pats should be our main focus...Giants & the Bengals stink... the Jets was the hardest of the 3 first weeks.

And...

We can't do anything about how good the patriots are, we can only work on ourselves.

More wishful thinking that AB is going to take them down from inside. This is what he wanted, to go to NE and get a chance at a SB, he won't be a cancer cause he knows it won't get him anywhere else except right out of the league. This happens all the time with problem guys the Pats pick up, they are all problems until they get to NE and they get their best chance to win. He could win this year and sign a new deal somewhere else next year by proving he can play nice. And this is the Pats, there will be plenty of catches to go around, it's not like they are lost teams and would start holding back when they score 30 or 59 points, they keep going until you stop them.

The key sentiment in the OP's post is that, for the first time in forever, I always felt like we could work our way back into the game and win. Remember Tyrod when a 3 point deficit meant we were losing for sure? At the very least we have a shot, that's all anyone can ask for.

3 hours ago, Virgil said:

First off, you need to figure out this unhealthy relationship you have with Brady and the Pats. It’s 3 weeks away and we just won a game yesterday.  

Second, the only thing I will feed into this is, we don’t know how Antonio Brown will handle playing there.  He wants his next big contract and that comes from performance.  

After Edelman, Brady’s Butt Brother for Life, the other receivers only had 4-5 targets each, including Gordon.   Brown doesn’t do well not being the center or attention and won’t like if he’s not building his resume to get paid again. 

That’s the thing about crazy.  It can’t stop or control being crazy for but so long 

Yeah, must say I don't understand the AB move. Given their current roster, the system that they play and him being a diva I actually don't see that much added value despite his elite talent, assuming he even plays of course. They actually don't need him, strange as it may seem. And who are they going to cut? A vested vet like DT whose salary they will have to pay or a promising rookie like Meyers who won't make it to the PS. Surely they are not planning on carrying 9 receivers after Harry returns. 

13 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

Thoughts?

as cliche' as it may sound, it's one game at a time. so much can happen in three weeks, I mean marcia could go down with an injury, you still going to be scared of the patsies? 

no need to fear the beast until you face the beast. still two games to play until your worst fears come to pass, if they do. I personally despise that team and wont waste my time thinking about them.

on to the giants.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 1