Week 4 Against the Pats.... ??

Scorp83

58 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

That's about right.

Their existence means our only path to the playoffs is via the wild card, and that's the hard way to do it.

Assume 2 losses to NE this year, as always, unless something important changes.

You know, I think DebbieDowner or a variation of that is still available. 

4 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

Pats look legit, no doubt. Adding Antonio Brown just makes the mountain higher. 

Perhaps adding Brown will be the ingredient that brings them down?  Wishful thinking?

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Solution: cheap shot Brady into retirement.

Brady actually looked like the weak link.  He missed a few throws to pick play open guys.

I'm not saying I'm against your plan.  In fact it might be fun if when he was getting wheeled out, a few guys pulled him off the cart and held him down while Tre gave him the people's elbow wearing a Gronk-like weapon.

• Haha (+1) 1

They honestly suck a lot of the fun out of the NFL. I can see them going no worse than 14-2 this season and maybe losing to the Chiefs in the playoffs. No one else in the AFC or NFC can hang with them IMO. Why Brady couldn’t just be like a normal QB and not play forever is beyond me. 

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Solution: cheap shot Brady into retirement.

I know its not a popular take. But I would exchange 15 yards for someone putting an absolute monster hit on Brady any day of the week. Your 99% to lose against the Pats. Without Brady maybe it’s 50%. That’s worth 15 yards. Also, remember, half of all stats are made up. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

One game really doesn't mean a lot. You really think the Steelers are that bad? 

I really never watch pre-game shows, but Yesterday when were in a sports bar waiting for the game to start, somebody picked Cleveland to go to the Super Bowl! 

Let's all settle down and take it one week at a time. And like others have indicated, if Brady gets hurt, then it's a whole different ball game.

1 minute ago, May Day 10 said:

The steelers are done and will be exposed this year.  

The Patriots' d is really good though.  Imo, their offense can be a week link, but antonio brown is scary and gordon looked really strong

Gordon literally looked strong. Breaking tackles en route to the end zone. It was scary to watch. 

The Pats run the East til someone takes it from them.....until that happens it is safe to assume the division is theirs.  Their roster is really good and with B & B they are tough to beat.   Gotta make Brady feel his age...gotta hit him.

Having said that, this is over reaction Monday.....teams are not as good or as bad as they looked yesterday.   If you assume the Steelers are one of the two teams that could challenge NE and then got smoked by 30 and then assume other teams will do even worse...that is a bad assumption.

7 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

I was so hyped after our comeback win today...like when can you honestly remember the last time the Bills were down in a meaningful game in the 4th Qtr...& you didn't feel like we were out of it?!?!  

Well that high just dropped after watching The Sith Lords of New England just destroyed the Steelers! It's not even Vader himself aka Brady... nor Darth Sidious aka Belicheat.  But that defense...that young defense from 2 years ago...has gelled pretty well...man. Gilmore just shut down JuJu like he was one of the top WR's last year

Everytime I feel like we took a step...here comes frickin avocado ice cream eating Brady looking better then ever...like he's not 42!! Smh when will it end??  I'm not feeling good about our chances in week 4...even if we're 3-0 heading into that game, with the momentum. ???

Thoughts?

Let's worry about week 2 first

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scorp83 said:

Get the kinks out??? Get the kinks out??? So while we're getting the kinks out... the Pats will be in rare form...

I understand this game is 3 weeks away... but you play chess 3 moves away... the Pats should be our main focus...Giants & the Bengals stink... the Jets was the hardest of the 3 first weeks.

I think the Bills coaching staff will be watching NE carefully, but to go with your analogy, you play 3 moves away, not 3 games away. 3 moves away is going to be the third snap against the Giants next Sunday and that's what we should be focusing on. NFL coaches and teams know never to get caught looking too far ahead, that's how you end up dropping a game to a beatable Giants team or blowing our home opener. They will game plan for the Patriots during Patriots week. 

First off, you need to figure out this unhealthy relationship you have with Brady and the Pats. It’s 3 weeks away and we just won a game yesterday.  

Second, the only thing I will feed into this is, we don’t know how Antonio Brown will handle playing there.  He wants his next big contract and that comes from performance.  

After Edelman, Brady’s Butt Brother for Life, the other receivers only had 4-5 targets each, including Gordon.   Brown doesn’t do well not being the center or attention and won’t like if he’s not building his resume to get paid again. 

That’s the thing about crazy.  It can’t stop or control being crazy for but so long