Josh Allen- Head “Doink”

Vod Kanockers

I’m not going to use the “C” word here. This is not an excuse thread. I am simply asking if anybody else saw him hit the smelling salts before the commercial break, on the game winning drive. 

During the 1st quarter, (12:55, right before his 1st fumble) I saw his head bounce off the turf after a pressure when the pass was gone. Didn’t think TOO much of it, until I saw him hit the salt. Did anyone else catch this? Just wondering.. 

Edited by Vod Kanockers
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mykidsdad said:

I did not see the smelling salt part, and which hit do you think he hit his head on?

I’m not EXACTLY sure which play it was in the 1st quarter, but remember seeing it bounce off of the turf, and thinking “ouch.” The smelling salt was right before the commercial break before the game winning drive. 

2 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I thought the league/individual teams now have spotters in the booth whose sole job is to ferret out possible plays that have concussed players and then pull them out?

I thought so too.. but if he says, “nah, I’m good.” Like I could see him doing.. Nothing to look at here.. ya know? 

6 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Players and coaches (Adam Gase) hit smelling salts all the time just to juice themselves up a little more. Hockey players are constantly doing it. Not a big deal at all.

Lol, too funny because I could see Gase on some smelling salts! ?? I didn’t know about the quick “pick me ups” regarding it though. Mods can close this thread if they like. Sorry for any stirring of the pots. 

4 minutes ago, Vod Kanockers said:

I’m not EXACTLY sure which play it was in the 1st quarter, but remember seeing it bounce off of the turf, and thinking “ouch.” The smelling salt was right before the commercial break before the game winning drive. 

I thought so too.. but if he says, “nah, I’m good.” Like I could see him doing.. Nothing to look at here.. ya know? 

Lol, too funny because I could see Gase on some smelling salts! ?? I didn’t know about the quick “pick me ups” regarding it though. Mods can close this thread if they like. Sorry for any stirring of the pots. 

Gase was caught on camera before a pre-season game taking a big ol' whiff on the sidelines, then shaking his head with his bugged out eyes. It was quite funny.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Allen hits his head off the turf hard A LOT. Especially when he rolls out and hangs on to the ball and throws it late. Sometimes it draws a flag, partly because I think it adds emphasis to the hit. But it's just something I've noticed. He needs to be careful out there!

29 minutes ago, NC Book said:

Allen hits his head off the turf hard A LOT. Especially when he rolls out and hangs on to the ball and throws it late. Sometimes it draws a flag, partly because I think it adds emphasis to the hit. But it's just something I've noticed. He needs to be careful out there!

Allen takes lots of hard hits but he is also a MASTER at flopping ... Like in not even 16 starts he is world class soccer flopper good at getting Personal fouls called

I know what play the OP is talking about. I was a little worried too, but he wasn't slow getting up at all. 

Two players I see using the smelling salts a lot are Edelman and Larry Fitzgerald. I think some guys just like the effect.

Or it just clears their sinuses...

• Awesome! (+1) 1