Oliver is gonna be damn good - earned PFFs highest rated Bill in Wk1

Reed83HOF

7 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Wow, i thought he was pretty much invisible today.   The tackle he made on the outside was pretty nice though.  Guess I missed some.

Shaq coming from the inside looks like he should be moved there permanently. He can't get home from the outside, but interesting in the middle.

I think his impact was obvious from the start. You could tell the Jets feared him and it was creating plenty of opportunities for others. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Ed Oliver had a good game today.  No major rookie mistakes except for that drop back, for which I can't blame him.  Frazier, WTF you thinkin'?  C'mon man, just turn this dog loose and let him hunt.

Yeah.  Never go full Rex Ryan.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Love the look by the OL he rag-dolled in that second clip, he takes a quick peek to see if Ed has destroyed his QB, then pops around ready to block a phantom defender, as if he's hoping no one noticed! ?

Btw, I now see why Darnold missed that wide open receiver!

Edited by TPS
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Love Eddie O. how did Quinnen look? I know he left with an ankle injury at some point.

Popped on Jets board for delicious tears, and they mentioned Quinnen with a Zero stat line.

Didn't hear his named called all game, possibly affected the bad snap?

Just now, Dat said:

Popped on Jets board for delicious tears, and they mentioned Quinnen with a Zero stat line.

I didn’t hear his name either but had the tv sound off in the 4th qtr (it was bringing them luck to have it off so left it off)

• Haha (+1) 1

Hmmmm 

8 minutes ago, Dat said:

Yes he did affect the bad snap according to this article. Josh attributed it to crowd noise and miscommunication (probably in addition to QW)

https://nypost.com/2019/09/09/quinnen-williams-jets-debut-wasnt-all-bad/

3 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

I think his impact was obvious from the start. You could tell the Jets feared him and it was creating plenty of opportunities for others. 

I saw him get some penetration, just didn't see him finishing plays, looked like he couldn't get off the blocks a lot if times.  I have been looking back at the game and I see more if what he was doing in retrospect.  Pretty good game, especially for the first one out of the gates.  He certainly caused Darnold some headaches, even if they dont go down as anything in the stat sheet. 

Shaq seemed to benefit from him quite a bit and that was nice to see, also liked when they put Shaq inside and let him rush the passer, that might be a better place for him.  Use him more like a JJ Watt, outside on early downs, scoot him inside and let him use his quickness and inline skills to get after the passer on passing downs.  The two of them inside on passing situations should be a nightmare for teams.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hmmmm 

Yes he did affect the bad snap according to this article. Josh attributed it to crowd noise and miscommunication (probably in addition to QW)

https://nypost.com/2019/09/09/quinnen-williams-jets-debut-wasnt-all-bad/

Yeah, when they showed the replay, you could see Quinnen basically knocked Morse over. Pretty quiet the rest of the day, but that was pretty impressive. 

Still, Ed flashed throughout the day. Looking forward to more of the same next week. 

45 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Oliver was everywhere yesterday.  He looked great as an interior guy.

I was happy that they got Jordan Phillips a bunch of 2nd-half snaps to keep Eddie fresh too.

And don't sleep on Vincent Taylor. Thank you Miami. Bills are super deep with young DTs who can play.