Oliver is gonna be damn good - earned PFFs highest rated Bill in Wk1

Reed83HOF

Wow, i thought he was pretty much invisible today.   The tackle he made on the outside was pretty nice though.  Guess I missed some.

Shaq coming from the inside looks like he should be moved there permanently. He can't get home from the outside, but interesting in the middle.

Edited by DCofNC

38 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Our defensive line as a whole looked night and day different from last season.

We can finally get pressure on the QB again!   

Definitely.

I also thought that our defense came up with some very good blitz schemes.

Darnold was harassed today.

• Like (+1) 2

Oliver's second half play was great.  Hopefully the first half was just nerves. He was creating issues up front and for the most part the edge guys had one on one matchups most of the day.  If he can get penetration or command double teams consistently the pass rush is going to be so much better this year.

• Like (+1) 1

He looked fantastic today! Disruptive up the middle, blowing up the pocket and taking on double teams and driving them back in to the pocket. Very impressive!!! Came close on the sack and penetrated and a few running plays. Great start for the rookie and he will only improve from here!!!

• Like (+1) 6

5) Ed Oliver looks impressive in debut

Despite the few weaknesses of the defense, it was hard to come away from the Jets game being anything but impressed with rookie defensive tackle Ed Oliver. All game, you could see glimpses of high-end potential. In one-on-ones, Oliver could brush aside a defender. He showed well on runs in between the tackles. Oliver showed a pass-rushing ability — heck, he even had the athleticism to drop back into coverage. Among all the things to review on film, seeing Oliver’s ability from the end-zone angle tops the list. While he didn’t put up eye-popping statistics, it seemed like he continued to be a nuisance for the Jets offensive line throughout the game. Between Oliver and the performance of middle linebacker Tremaine Edmunds, the Bills have to be feeling reasonably optimistic about their two young core defensive players.

https://theathletic.com/1195162/2019/09/08/seven-observations-from-bills-win-over-jets-josh-allen-is-still-inconsistent-and-questioning-the-offensive-game-plan/

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

This is why I  believe we win more than 8 games this year AND make the playoffs!  Well or course, the running game must contribute and take the pressure off Allen as was evident today.  Any QB will make mistakes if he's doing nothing but chucking the ball an entire half. 

3 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

The pleasant surprise defensively for sure. Murphy helps, Oliver helps, but this Shaq Lawson guy we picked up is the one I'm really impressed with.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

The pleasant surprise defensively for sure. Murphy helps, Oliver helps, but this Shaq Lawson guy we picked up is the one I'm really impressed with.

And McDermott and Frazier used Murphy and Shaq right. Shaq was out there plenty on early downs, Murphy was in their rush package. 

• Like (+1) 1