3 what the hell, moments.

MtlBillsFan

1 hour ago, RochesterLifer said:

Today, the Bills defense gave up eight points and (about) 245 yards. Might it be more appropriate to simply say, "Well done!"?

Seems appropriate to specifically discuss game decisions that seemed puzzling and maybe not the best. 

‘This is a forum for discussion, not just cheering

(unmitigated unspecific negativity OTOH)

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I loved the pass-heavy spread scheme. Pass to set up the run. 

Little confused why DiMarco was

spread out wide, but I think that had to do with Allen having basically the option on every play to check between a run and pass, and I think he just kept checking to a pass out of a run formation.

I was not thrilled with watching DiMarco line up as a wide receiver as much as he did.

While he did catch every pass thrown to him, I would rather the Bills use Yeldon, Knox & Sweeney more as receivers. Did a single pass ever get thrown to Foster today?

2 hours ago, BuffaloWings said:

Or just have a camera RIGHT ON THE GOAL LINE on the sideline? 

I think the point of his post is that the only way to see the ball in those situations (I assume he’s talking about the ‘safety’) is from the top. The issue was that in the jumble of people, you couldn’t see the ball from the side view camera. To me there’s no doubt the ball was out of the end zone, just based on what I saw in real time. But when the call is made on the field, and you can’t see the ball on any replay, then that’s a wrap.

1 hour ago, Elite Poster said:

Out of all the things I had a problem with in this game, those were not any of them. 

And yet you don’t actually say what any of the things are that you had a problem with?

23 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I was not thrilled with watching DiMarco line up as a wide receiver as much as he did.

While he did catch every pass thrown to him, I would rather the Bills use Yeldon, Knox & Sweeney more as receivers. Did a single pass ever get thrown to Foster today?

Dimarco helps create matchups elsewhere and makes for easy diagnosis of coverage.  NE has done it for years.  Once it gets going you can run right at them or spread the defense out.  Williams notoriously plays a safety far off the line.  Winning deep down the feild would be difficult.

3 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I think Singletary did start. The announcers said he did and I saw him out there early in 1st drive but not first play.

Edit- just watched video of game. Singletary did start

I think in this game it didnt even matter because not a rb  was noticable until just before the second quarter

10 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

26 seconds left in the first half and the ball on their own 35. Down 6-0.

They kneeled and ran out the half.

IMO, that is not NFL football.

That was a "Let's be glad we're only down by 6, and keep it that way for the 3rd quarter" kind of kneel down. With 4 TOs in the first half, McDermott had seen enough of the first half. I don't blame him for wanting to get out of it as soon as possible.

Hyde makes a lot of sense because he has been less prone to fumble punts than McKenzie.

Secondly, I think its refreshing that we have a coaching staff to have the moxie to start off the game throwing it the way we did, the offense was actually moving the ball decently.  Personally I would have mixed a few runs in there but I dont hold it against them to do what they did.

And lastly, for those who like to day McD runs a "Jauron Ball" sort of team like usual have missed the mark.  Just because McD's forte is defense does not mean he is a conservative coach.  Let's just put this Jauron Ball finally to rest.