The Safety. What did I miss?

Kelly the Dog

I didnt hear the announcers discuss this, and not that they are always right about these things, but to me it was very clear, both live and on replay that Gore's forward progress was 1-2 feet across the goal line. It wasn't even all that close as far as those things go. My only possibility is if on the replay the Refs could easily infer that Gore was well out of the endzone but didn't see the ball on that particular view. One view, IMO, showed he was clearly over.

What was the explanation and what do you guys say? I wasn't even worried until the Bills were kicking off.

• Like (+1) 3

Actually the announcers did question it and thought his forward progress was beyond the goal line.  But they also thought not enough evidence to overturn either.

Kind of surprising to me as usually they give the benefit of the doubt on those types of plays and rule on even the slightest forward progress.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, yall said:

I can understand the refs misreading it in real time. I can't understand McD not challenging it.

Well isn’t a safety technically a “scoring play,” and thus, shouldn’t it be automatically reviewed?