Mutiny in Miami after Blow out Loss

Golden Goat

15 hours ago, FUTURIST said:

This may be the worst NFL team to ever be put on the field.  Not only will they not win a game, they might lose every game by double digits.  They are without a doubt the worst defensive unit EVER in the NFL.

I know, I know, I know.

However, wasn't that us, to a degree, after week 1 against the Ravens last year?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I know, I know, I know.

However, wasn't that us, to a degree, after week 1 against the Ravens last year?

I keep thinking that. I knew as a fan that, although we were not a good team time, we were not as bad as that single game indicated. I think that McD's coaching job in holding that team together after two blowouts and a halftime retirement is one of the best that I have ever seen.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Boy, WEO, did you ever ask a question right there, my friend.

I mean, Miami everybody knew it would be this way---perhaps not so brutally at the hands of Lamar Jackson...

But did anyone think the Steelers were this much of a mess?  Halfway through the 3rd, it looked like they just wanted to go home. 

Brady vs Big Ben at Foxboro:

W/L: 6-0
Cmp %: 71.1 percent (165-for-232)
Yards: 2,138
TD/INT: 21-0
Yards/Att: 9.22

That team needs to get rid of theur HC at some point.  Just rolling out the ball and saying "ok play guys" isn't going to work any more as a coaching strategy.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I mean, Miami everybody knew it would be this way---perhaps not so brutally at the hands of Lamar Jackson...

But did anyone think the Steelers were this much of a mess?  Halfway through the 3rd, it looked like they just wanted to go home. 

That team needs to get rid of theur HC at some point.  Just rolling out the ball and saying "ok play guys" isn't going to work any more as a coaching strategy.

NE is great.

NE might win the Super Bowl again.

but jeepers creepers, they are not THAT great to do it against the old Steelers.

No, no, no...this a brand new, shiny, kind of turdy Steelers that are eventually going to have to do something different in the near future.

That doesn't necessarily mean "let's see what we can do quickly for the 38 year old QB."

WEO...is there outside chance...OUTSIDE, that the second best team in the division might be the Bengals?

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

Fitzpatrick became the first QB to throw a TD pass for eight different teams. Silver linings, man, silver linings.

Sorry, I missed most of what happened in that game--I'm assuming that "Right Josh" came in at some point and engineered the beginnings of a remarkable comeback but for the clock running out, yes?

• Haha (+1) 3

15 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

He sure had a lot to say about his ability as a QB against the worse team in the league which weren't even trying to play football. 

Where was that swagger last year in the playoffs Lamar? You don't play the Fins every week so try some humble pie before it's forced down your throat.

If Allen had a day like Lamar did yesterday many in here would have him in the Hall of Fame.

He played great and was more accurate than I thought he could ever be.  He has every right to bask in this victory.

Funny thing is, on paper Miami's offense isn't awful.  With Tunsil and Stills, they could have been competitive.

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

NE is great.

NE might win the Super Bowl again.

but jeepers creepers, they are not THAT great to do it against the old Steelers.

No, no, no...this a brand new, shiny, kind of turdy Steelers that are eventually going to have to do something different in the near future.

That doesn't necessarily mean "let's see what we can do quickly for the 38 year old QB."

WEO...is there outside chance...OUTSIDE, that the second best team in the division might be the Bengals?

Per the bolded, they looked damn tough yesterday. Have a neighbor who is a Bengal fan, so she came over to watch that game..i will admit i was making dinner and doing some other stuff, but what i saw they looked good.

And got royally screwed by a call at the end on a pass vs fumble call..was even more clear in my mind then the Ryan one few years back against the Bills, and yet reply kept it a fumble..they are gunna be a tough out i think, this dude may prove how bad a coach Lewis really was 

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

If Allen had a day like Lamar did yesterday many in here would have him in the Hall of Fame.

He played great and was more accurate than I thought he could ever be.  He has every right to bask in this victory.

Funny thing is, on paper Miami's offense isn't awful.  With Tunsil and Stills, they could have been competitive.

Jackson was always a good prospect. Those who thought he had no future at all as a passer were simply not paying attention. It was going to take time and for sure it still will but the kid is talented. Ravens did well taking him where they did to preserve the 5th year option.

• Like (+1) 3

54 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

One of my best friends went to Pitt for college & he has a bunch of friends that are Steeler fans.  He tells me they have been telling him all summer the Steelers are going to be a dumpster fire this year & if they were smart they would of blown the whole thing up this past offseason including getting rid of Big ben.  They said word around town is that Ben doesn't really want to play anymore, has a bunch of nagging injuries from taking a beating the last 15 years & was seriously thinking about retiring after last season until the steelers front office talked him out of it.  Take it for what it is worth but that is what his friends have told him.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Per the bolded, they looked damn tough yesterday. Have a neighbor who is a Bengal fan, so she came over to watch that game..i will admit i was making dinner and doing some other stuff, but what i saw they looked good.

And got royally screwed by a call at the end on a pass vs fumble call..was even more clear in my mind then the Ryan one few years back against the Bills, and yet reply kept it a fumble..they are gunna be a tough out i think, this dude may prove how bad a coach Lewis really was 

So very much agree, plenz.

Man, there is 400 plus yards passing, then there is 400 plus yards passing against a Seattle defense, and then there is 400 plus yards passing against a Seattle defense at home!

Plenz, it is just week one, but holy cow even if we get to 2-0 we are looking at a tough out with Cincy at home,  home against Brady, Gordon and AB, and then on the road against the Titans that took the Browns (Sports illustrated cover boys/super bowl bound Browns...?) to the wood shed.

If they beat the Giants they HAVE to beat Cincy at home because, maybe...maybe, they could be 3-2 after 5.

• Like (+1) 3