Watching the Giants get decimated

4 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Don't count your chickens before you hatch.

I believe for the last 18 years, the Patriots have already won their game against the Bills (or the AFCE East for that matter) before they stepped on the field

You missed the point.  The Jets and Giants share a single stadium.

4 hours ago, Juice_32 said:

I’m in Dallas and at the game and the Giants look awful. Our D is going to destroy them. We may see Jones in the second half.

WOW!! 

I was there too.

SEC 441. Row 18.

Must admit I was concerned with Dallas going down 7 at the beginning.

1 hour ago, oldschoolfootball1963 said:

NY Giants put up 500 yards in offense on the vaunted cowgirls Def. Bills can lose this game easily if they don’t come to play and have a good game plan. NYG will not lay down for the home town fans. 

Yes.  You can only win the game you are playing.  ONE GAME AT A TIME!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Barkley is Bell but wayyyyy more explosive.  That's a concern.  Edmunds will have his hands full.  Their secondary is suspect.  I think Brown and Foster or Jones will have a monster game.  

For me the Jets game was a perfect week 1 game.  Got the win and have glaring things to work on.  Buffalo should beat NYG.  Standard Bill's teams do not travel well in these type of games.  I think this team is different and handles business.

1 hour ago, oldschoolfootball1963 said:

NY Giants put up 500 yards in offense on the vaunted cowgirls Def. Bills can lose this game easily if they don’t come to play and have a good game plan. NYG will not lay down for the home town fans. 

Gmen looked awful for most of the game today.  Cowboys subbing in backups near the end and giving NY garbage yardage, it was encouraging.  Saquon is great but didnt look like superman out there.  I think we will be 1 pt dogs

6 hours ago, Juice_32 said:

I’m in Dallas and at the game and the Giants look awful. Our D is going to destroy them. We may see Jones in the second half.

Gotta be careful with this mentality my friend. It's similar to the notion that there's a major advantage for a team that beat a common opponent facing a team that lost to said common opponent. Every week is a new chapter to the book.

7 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

With stats like that, they should have scored far more than 17 points. Not too concerned with garbage time stats

There are realistically no such thing as garbage time stats even tho I get the premise 

It's the NFL and teams go to the final whistle. Arizona took it to overtime racking up Garbage time stats and came back to tie it.. tons of comebacks happen in "garage time" players are payed to play

13 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I sort of wonder if this is the first time ever (the Bills) a team won a game on someone else's home field before they even played on it 

And consider this: The Bills have the opportunity to win 2 regular season games in the same stadium (not their home field) for the first time since... wait for it ...

..the 2014 Bills won two games in Ford Field (one against the Lions and one against the Jets when Buffalo was snowed in)

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

There are realistically no such thing as garbage time stats even tho I get the premise 

It's the NFL and teams go to the final whistle. Arizona took it to overtime racking up Garbage time stats and came back to tie it.. tons of comebacks happen in "garage time" players are payed to play

Garbage time stats against a prevent defense are real.

4 hours ago, Manther said:

Garbage time stats against a prevent defense are real.

Garbage time id a fan stat. Nobody gets 300 passing yards in "garbage time" and pads that much stats

2 drives of prevent defense might add 60-80 yards, MIGHT. Maybe 100 if you score back to back..  . . You can also NOT score..  A good defense doesn't let up at ANY TIME, Pros who are playing for pride go all out til the final whistle

No professional on defense after playing lights out for 3.5 quarters says hey , let's let them move the ball and score a few times and let them feel good

There's is a COMPLETE DIFFERENCE between playing cover 4 with a few TD lead and not giving up 60 yard bombs vs letting the other team March down and score 

Cardinals took the game to overtime after being down 24-6 in the 4th quarter, don't tell them that it was garbage time and the game didn't matter

Fitz and the dolphins were down 40 at half and in "garbage time" the whole second half and managed a whopping 180 yards

Edited by Buffalo716

Miami may prove to be the exception here, but overall it's rare for an NFL squad to post consecutive klunkers, and I worry about a Giants squad with a chip on their shoulders coming in for their home opener--that said, we have some things to prove too, and for the first time in forever, if you try to gameplan against us to take away something that worked well the week before (such as Smoky Brown), we have additional quality weapons to go to (Beasley, Foster, the TE's, Singletary as pass-catcher, et al) to where we can still put up chunk plays. Also, our O and D-lines are quickly proving the old adage that wins begin and end in the trenches--Darnold woke up today wishing he had the Bills O-line instead of what he's dealing with right now, lol.  

18 hours ago, class_of_2012 said:

Ugh, I just checked the stats: Manning threw for over 300 yards, Barkley rushed for over 100 yards, and Engram caught for over 100 yards. And it will be the Giants home opener. I am worried now.

I’m always worried and never confident. I’ll be worried when we play the fish. Luckily I’m not on the field.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Capco said:

Does anyone know roughly how good the Giants offensive line is?  The best way to cancel out their numerous weapons is to dominate in the trenches, imo. 

Does our DL have a significant edge?

They were a major weakness for their team last year. They added a new RG and RT and their center missed last year and hes back...overall it isnt a strength of their team and from what I saw yesterday, the Cowboys d-line seemed to handle them. I don't think Sunday should be any different from yesterday from that stand point. We should handle the line and get pressure on Tin Man.