[Name Only Title] Frank Gore

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

The OP said he should be gone based one one game.  I don’t think you toss a HOF back off the team based on one game.  

So so then why are you coming at me with a confrontational response when I never agreed with the OP?

Of course he’ll be a complementary guy.  That’s his role.

Which is what I said...

Why are you even trying to argue here?

I’m sorry but where do you see me arguing?

Just now, Bangarang said:

So so then why are you coming at me with a confrontational response when I never agreed with the OP?

Which is what I said...

I’m sorry but where do you see me arguing?

You said you don’t care about the player he was but the player he is today.  Today was one game.   I think that is an over-reaction to today’s one game, unless I am misinterpreting your use of the word today.

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Singletary is really all we have at RB right now. If he goes down I think we are in deep *****. Gore looks so so so so slow out there, we need to bring back Wade or get somebody off a PS. 

One game.  One game.  One game.

7 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

You said you don’t care about the player he was but the player he is today.  Today was one game.   I think that is an over-reaction to today’s one game, unless I am misinterpreting your use of the word today.

One game.  One game.  One game.

He didn’t have a good game today. It doesn’t mean he should be shipped away. Where is the overreaction on my part?

Edited by Bangarang

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

He didn’t have a good game today. It doesn’t mean he should be shipped away. Where is the overreaction on my part?

I interpreted your comment to mean you agreed with the OP who feels Gore should not be playing.  I think we agree Gore should be playing a complementary role.  

Did Gore fumble?  Did he miss any assignments in pass protection?  Does he help Singletary prepare for the pro game and being a professional?  The guy is doing his job and he provides leadership.  I am glad to have him on the team and on the field.  The times he was running in the first half, the Jets still had their MLB in the game.  Him getting hurt seemed to have a lot to do with the Bills' O suddenly getting going -- although that's also when Singletary came in. 

Gore still has gas in the tank for one more solid year before he hangs em up and starts counting down to the HOF. 

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Then make him inactive on game days and sit next to Singletary between possessions. Get Murphy back as the 2 and use Yeldon on passing downs.

Wow it was 1 game maybe we should give him a little bit of time, not to mention the blocking sucked on most of his carries no holes to be had.

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

This isnt 1980 anymore...no team that wants to play modern football is rushing the ball 50% of the time. Analytics questions whether you should EVER actually run the ball considering the large gap in predicted sucess rate and average yards that passes have over runs.

Come enter the 21st century with us and modern football where teams run it 40% or less

Relax chief. When they started running the ball more regularly things opened up. Today called for a more balanced attack. Each game is different. 

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Great win today and I couldn’t be happier. I feel like the Bills may have found a budding superstar in Singletary. At first his hands seemed suspect. Perhaps it was nerves. But once we started handing him the ball, our entire offense changed. Singletary pulled our offense out of the mud today and was probably the biggest reason we won. On the flip side, Frank Gore looked finished.

At some point this guys age has to start showing. The guy has been a wonderful player for a very long time and has compiled a hall of fame career. Every time we handed this guy the ball today he looked slow. It reminded me a lot of last year with Shady. Other then pass protection, I can’t see any reason to even bother with Gore. It was a momentum killer to bring this guy back on the field for that last possession. Very frustrating to watch.

Going forward, I would much rather see a combination of Singletary and Yeldon. I seem to like Yeldon a lot more then most people. He can do a lot and has fresh legs. Bringing Gore here from day 1 has seemed pointless to me and all today did was further that in my mind. I think we have a lot to like about on offense. Gore at this point is just dead weight.

Last year it did. His career is over. 

11 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Murphy > Gore

But The Process values Gore for reasons other than play on the field.

Agreed.I thought he earned the spot when he returned the ball in preseason. 

This is why I was upset that we dropped Shady. We had the cap space. Having a nice 1-2 punch with Devin/Shady would be sweet with Gore/Yeldon as change of pace. Shady racked up 81 yds on 10 carries today when he was not the lead carrier. If Devin misses time we are toast. You can never have enough playmakers and throwing one out for nothing to a contender makes it even tougher to swallow.

Gore should be the vet mentor who helps keep a cohesive locker room. Shady was the reason he came here. It just doesn't make sense and I think we paid for the mistake again today. Almost any other defense and we'd be down 10-17 pts at the half. We need to have a strong run game to make it to the playoffs. 

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Bills Blog said:

Upon further review, Gore's body language also leaves a lot to be desired, which is surprising to see.

The story is his son talked him into coming back and play. Frank looked spent today. I was hoping he'd be a more productive version of Mike Tolbert. At this point I'd cut him and get Murphy back but that's just me?

11 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The story is his son talked him into coming back and play. Frank looked spent today. I was hoping he'd be a more productive version of Mike Tolbert. At this point I'd cut him and get Murphy back but that's just me?

Yeah. He also looks a lot smaller than he did at his previous stops. I don't think he has power anymore. Look at his legs even in Miami and it's kind of shocking how much smaller he is.