[Name Only Title] Frank Gore

14 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Great win today and I couldn’t be happier. I feel like the Bills may have found a budding superstar in Singletary. At first his hands seemed suspect. Perhaps it was nerves. But once we started handing him the ball, our entire offense changed. Singletary pulled our offense out of the mud today and was probably the biggest reason we won. On the flip side, Frank Gore looked finished.

At some point this guys age has to start showing. The guy has been a wonderful player for a very long time and has compiled a hall of fame career. Every time we handed this guy the ball today he looked slow. It reminded me a lot of last year with Shady. Other then pass protection, I can’t see any reason to even bother with Gore. It was a momentum killer to bring this guy back on the field for that last possession. Very frustrating to watch.

Going forward, I would much rather see a combination of Singletary and Yeldon. I seem to like Yeldon a lot more then most people. He can do a lot and has fresh legs. Bringing Gore here from day 1 has seemed pointless to me and all today did was further that in my mind. I think we have a lot to like about on offense. Gore at this point is just dead weight.

Shady never looked slow last year our O-line was atrocious. Shady averaged 8.1 ypc today. We are going to miss him this year!

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, driddles said:

They say Singletary is hanging on every word Gore says and can't spend enough time with him.  Gore's value this year will be as a mentor, looks like he has a worthy student.

Then make him inactive on game days and sit next to Singletary between possessions. Get Murphy back as the 2 and use Yeldon on passing downs.

1 minute ago, mattynh said:

Learn about sample size 

I watched the game. He couldn’t hit the hole with any urgency and was swallowed up as soon as he got the ball. Singletary had no issue. One guy is physically finished and the other is not. It’s not a short yardage thing. It’s a guy with old legs that has no business getting impactful touches.

14 minutes ago, Chicharito said:

Shady never looked slow last year our O-line was atrocious. Shady averaged 8.1 ypc today. We are going to miss him this year!

I already miss Shady a lot. 10 carries for 81 yards, 1 catch for 12 yards. It was pure stupidity to cut him, in my opinion. HOWEVER....McBeane logic was that we wanted to give his carries to Singletary instead, because McCoy would have been a potential locker room cancer due to this (I'm not so sure about this...), and because there was no trade market for McCoy at his salary. So in reality, we are comparing McCoy with Singletary when evaluating the wisdom of cutting McCoy. And while it's very foolish to reach conclusions after Week 1, Singletary did go 4 carries for 70 yards and 5 catches for 28 yards today.

As for Gore, I'm not too worried about him YET. The Jets' gameplan was clearly directed at stopping our run game in its tracks and making Allen beat us through the air. Their plan was a good one and almost worked.

Edited by KayAdams
  • Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I watched the game. He couldn’t hit the hole with any urgency and was swallowed up as soon as he got the ball. Singletary had no issue. One guy is physically finished and the other is not. It’s not a short yardage thing. It’s a guy with old legs that has no business getting impactful touches.

Are you drunk?

29 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Agreed on Gore. I always believed that was the limit to his role. I just would not have released Shady. I think it was unnecessary. I get they like Singletary and he was very impressive today. But I don't see any logic for having Yeldon on your team and having Shady on somebody else's.

Here is the logic.  Shady would not be happy with 5 carries and we don't need the distraction.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

So an N of one game means something to you?

Gore is 36 years old and isn’t the same player he used to be. He is a complimentary back at this point and will be a mentor and leader to the younger guys.

What are you even trying to argue here? 

Singletary looked good in the fourth quarter.  Gore should be a change of pace back going forward for the Bills.  I am not sure that we have the depth we will need for an entire season at RB, which is a bit worrisome, and I do think we need more speed.  Maybe this gets addressed next offseason.

8 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Gore is 36 years old and isn’t the same player he used to be. He is a complimentary back at this point and will be a mentor and leader to the younger guys.

What are you even trying to argue here? 

The OP said he should be gone based one one game.  I don’t think you toss a HOF back off the team based on one game.  Of course he’ll be a complementary guy.  That’s his role.

Why are you even trying to argue here?