[Name Only Title] Frank Gore

Great win today and I couldn’t be happier. I feel like the Bills may have found a budding superstar in Singletary. At first his hands seemed suspect. Perhaps it was nerves. But once we started handing him the ball, our entire offense changed. Singletary pulled our offense out of the mud today and was probably the biggest reason we won. On the flip side, Frank Gore looked finished.

At some point this guys age has to start showing. The guy has been a wonderful player for a very long time and has compiled a hall of fame career. Every time we handed this guy the ball today he looked slow. It reminded me a lot of last year with Shady. Other then pass protection, I can’t see any reason to even bother with Gore. It was a momentum killer to bring this guy back on the field for that last possession. Very frustrating to watch.

Going forward, I would much rather see a combination of Singletary and Yeldon. I seem to like Yeldon a lot more then most people. He can do a lot and has fresh legs. Bringing Gore here from day 1 has seemed pointless to me and all today did was further that in my mind. I think we have a lot to like about on offense. Gore at this point is just dead weight.

• Like (+1) 1

Gore was not good today but it wasn’t all his fault. The playcalling and game plan didn’t give him any options. Never got him on a roll. And ran him to the outside too much like he was Singletary or shady. 

The coaches should be questioned about the use of Gore imo. 

1 minute ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Yeah, this is where I am. I would rather have Marcus Murphy.

re Gore, I think we will see him being mixed in and put in in difficult situations (backed up, goal line, eating the clock)— situations where we need hard running and no mental errors.

Agreed on Gore. I always believed that was the limit to his role. I just would not have released Shady. I think it was unnecessary. I get they like Singletary and he was very impressive today. But I don't see any logic for having Yeldon on your team and having Shady on somebody else's.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Yeah, this is where I am. I would rather have Marcus Murphy.

re Gore, I think we will see him being mixed in and put in in difficult situations (backed up, goal line, eating the clock)— situations where we need hard running and no mental errors.

In hindsight we should've kept Murphy over Gore. Yeldon is still a good target out of the backfield. Devin's hands do concern me but he's clearly our RB1. Wouldn't shock me if they cut Gore and bring back MM.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

Gore should see the ball about 5-8 carries. He should be the third back.

Once Daboll started feeding Singletary the ball everything opened up more. Daboll seems to have a slight trust learning curve with rookies. We saw it last year with Allen to a degree. 

Singletary is going to be a good solid back for the Bills for years. This line is built to run the ball. Not rushing the ball close to 50% of the plays is bad play calling for me.

3 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Gore should see the ball about 5-8 carries. He should be the third back.

Once Daboll started feeding Singletary the ball everything opened up more. Daboll seems to have a slight trust learning curve with rookies. We saw it last year with Allen to a degree. 

Singletary is going to be a good solid back for the Bills for years. This line is built to run the ball. Not rushing the ball close to 50% of the plays is bad play calling for me.

This isnt 1980 anymore...no team that wants to play modern football is rushing the ball 50% of the time. Analytics questions whether you should EVER actually run the ball considering the large gap in predicted sucess rate and average yards that passes have over runs.

Come enter the 21st century with us and modern football where teams run it 40% or less

Edited by matter2003