Hebert19

Allen's 4th fourth quarter comeback

3 hours ago, Bleedingreennc said:

FB_IMG_1566846211768.jpg

That's actually one of the better football team logo tats that I've seen in a while. Pretty decent work done there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Lol, I come from a Giants family. I love my team through and through 

Holidays must be a hoot

• Like (+1) 1

Josh Allen has ice in his veins.  Did you see the quote from Zo?  Said something like "were still in this" to Allen.  Allen told the vet "I've got this."  And he did!  

• Like (+1) 5

He’s the ultimate boom AND bust player.  I have a feeling he’s going to be booming and busting multiple times in most games.  We have to hope our D can keep us in it and he booms last

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Sorry if this was answered earlier, but is this his 2nd or third 4th quarter comeback?

I know one of Detroit and Tennessee were comebacks, but I don't remember if they both were. 

15 hours ago, Bleedingreennc said:

I hate him....that is all

Kudos to you for sticking around in a Bills forum after what must've been a heart rending loss on your end. :)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Kudos to you for sticking around in a Bills forum after what must've been a heart rending loss on your end. :)

It was, but I will be here no.matter what!

9 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Is that a prison tattoo courtesy of @Jimmy Spagnola💩

He does my tats and walks around holding my pocket

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

It was, but I will be here no.matter what!

He does my tats and walks around holding my pocket

Ahaha you made him your biatch! :lol:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Probably linked elsewhere, if so, my apologies. Added apologies for the paywall.

https://theathletic.com/1195261/2019/09/08/ill-get-my-*****-together-how-josh-allen-turned-his-ugly-day-into-a-thrilling-bills-comeback-win/

“We sat in the locker room (at half time) thinking this is the worst that it could have gone and we’re sitting here down six points,” Allen said. “We understood that we still had a shot in this game. Nothing was going to be too crazy to overcome. We were only down one score.”

Things turned in the Bills’ favor at the start of the fourth quarter. That’s when Allen went 8-for-10 passing for 102 yards and a touchdown. He also ran twice for 11 yards and a score. In the first three quarters, Allen completed 17 of 27 passes for 152 yards and the four turnovers. He became a different quarterback in the final quarter.

“He has that kind of moxie and just grit, you know what I mean?” Morse said. “This league is built for guys like him who when they’re backed into a corner, they don’t back down. He led us. If it wasn’t for him, we wouldn’t be in the winner’s circle.”

“He’s about as competitive as they come,” Patrick DiMarco said. “He’s one of the most competitive guys I’ve ever been around. He didn’t blink. He came over and said, ‘Hey, guys, that’s on me. I’ll get my ***** together. Let’s keep swinging.’ We have the utmost confidence in him to finish the game and sure enough, he did.”

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

“He has that kind of moxie and just grit, you know what I mean?” Morse said. “This league is built for guys like him who when they’re backed into a corner, they don’t back down. He led us. If it wasn’t for him, we wouldn’t be in the winner’s circle.”

I know it's the kind of stuff they're, "supposed to say," but these are some nice words from a guy like Morse.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Bleedingreennc said:

I hate him....that is all

Hey...I hate Darnold.  I think he's going to be a good QB once he gels with Gase's offence.  I really hope your defense stays aggressive and especially beats up Tom Brady this year.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

I know it's the kind of stuff they're, "supposed to say," but these are some nice words from a guy like Morse.

Morse's words  like "grit" and "winners circle" echo a throwback sound. Reminds me of a 9-7 game played in the 70's.

Edited by Rocket94

19 hours ago, Bleedingreennc said:

FB_IMG_1566846211768.jpg

Image result for jets tattoo forearm

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Darnold is a game manager.  Mayfiled had a worst game then Allen.  He has full reign of the offense.  He isnt making half field reads.  They are not creating a special college offense for him.  Yes, his efficiency is not the best, but he is improving.  

Was awesome. Had to hold off going to the bathroom. 

• Haha (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Allen just has a hard time getting any credit with the national media and even with many Bills fans.

12 games in and he is doing ok. Definitely an athlete and a leader.  He just needs to consistently deliver the ball and cut down on errors.   Remember a young Brett Farve.  Same kind of player and he did ok.   

One fumble was on a sack, he needed to protect the ball.  The second fumble was a terrible snap, he never got the ball. 

The Pick -6 was on Beasley.  The other pick was a batted ball - bad bounce.  He had two other "pickable" balls that fortunately  the Jets missed.

Yet he had a 308 yard game with 2 TDs.   He threw for 270 yards and one TD, he ran for 38 yards and a TD.  Despite most things going wrong for three quarters he LEADS HIS TEAM to a road win when down 16-0.    That should be the story but with the majority of the media will likely be more focused on his errors. 

He slightly outplayed Darnold while in a more difficult environment

you could see how lazy he was holding the ball. if i was dabol, i would have tore him a new one for not protecting the ball.....and he should have just fell on the bad snap.

I am liking Allen but not loving him yet- I think it was Elway who said " if i was better the first 3 quarters I would not need to be so good in the fourth". If he can have that 4th without the first half being so bad he will be a good qb for a long time

• Like (+1) 1

Nice comeback, but it was his fault they needed a comeback in the first place, so it's a wash.

14 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Solid analytics there!  Sounds reasonable to me.

32 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

you could see how lazy he was holding the ball. if i was dabol, i would have tore him a new one for not protecting the ball.....and he should have just fell on the bad snap.

This was true ONLY for the strip sack fumble on the 1st drive.  That was careless on Allen's part.  As for the fumbled snap:

*  It was 4th down so falling on the ball would have been exactly the same as losing a fumble.

*  Allen was unable to fall on the ball because Morse was blown up so bad he was pushed a couple of yards into the backfield into Allen. 

9 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Sorry if this was answered earlier, but is this his 2nd or third 4th quarter comeback?

I know one of Detroit and Tennessee were comebacks, but I don't remember if they both were. 

It's his 4th.  TN, Det & Jacksonville were the first 3.  And as others have noted had Clay hung on to the ball we may be talking about 5 4th quarter comebacks.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 9/8/2019 at 3:09 PM, Bob in STL said:

Allen just has a hard time getting any credit with the national media and even with many Bills fans.

12 games in and he is doing ok. Definitely an athlete and a leader.  He just needs to consistently deliver the ball and cut down on errors.   Remember a young Brett Farve.  Same kind of player and he did ok.   

One fumble was on a sack, he needed to protect the ball.  The second fumble was a terrible snap, he never got the ball. 

The Pick -6 was on Beasley.  The other pick was a batted ball - bad bounce.  He had two other "pickable" balls that fortunately  the Jets missed.

Yet he had a 308 yard game with 2 TDs.   He threw for 270 yards and one TD, he ran for 38 yards and a TD.  Despite most things going wrong for three quarters he LEADS HIS TEAM to a road win when down 16-0.    That should be the story but with the majority of the media will likely be more focused on his errors. 

exactly, Josh had a grand total of 1 turnover yesterday. 

On 9/8/2019 at 6:09 PM, Bob in STL said:

Today I was listening to the Cowturd show and he indirectly praised Allen.  While blasting the Dolphins he pointed out how screwed they were by being in a division with two young QB's - ALLEN & Darnold - who are franchise QB's for the Bills & Jets.  I was surprised that he mentioned Allen by name as the Bills franchise QB. 

• Like (+1) 1