Allen's 4th fourth quarter comeback

Hebert19

Darnold is a game manager.  Mayfiled had a worst game then Allen.  He has full reign of the offense.  He isnt making half field reads.  They are not creating a special college offense for him.  Yes, his efficiency is not the best, but he is improving.  

23 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Allen just has a hard time getting any credit with the national media and even with many Bills fans.

12 games in and he is doing ok. Definitely an athlete and a leader.  He just needs to consistently deliver the ball and cut down on errors.   Remember a young Brett Farve.  Same kind of player and he did ok.   

One fumble was on a sack, he needed to protect the ball.  The second fumble was a terrible snap, he never got the ball. 

The Pick -6 was on Beasley.  The other pick was a batted ball - bad bounce.  He had two other "pickable" balls that fortunately  the Jets missed.

Yet he had a 308 yard game with 2 TDs.   He threw for 270 yards and one TD, he ran for 38 yards and a TD.  Despite most things going wrong for three quarters he LEADS HIS TEAM to a road win when down 16-0.    That should be the story but with the majority of the media will likely be more focused on his errors. 

He slightly outplayed Darnold while in a more difficult environment

you could see how lazy he was holding the ball. if i was dabol, i would have tore him a new one for not protecting the ball.....and he should have just fell on the bad snap.

I am liking Allen but not loving him yet- I think it was Elway who said " if i was better the first 3 quarters I would not need to be so good in the fourth". If he can have that 4th without the first half being so bad he will be a good qb for a long time

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Solid analytics there!  Sounds reasonable to me.

32 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

you could see how lazy he was holding the ball. if i was dabol, i would have tore him a new one for not protecting the ball.....and he should have just fell on the bad snap.

This was true ONLY for the strip sack fumble on the 1st drive.  That was careless on Allen's part.  As for the fumbled snap:

*  It was 4th down so falling on the ball would have been exactly the same as losing a fumble.

*  Allen was unable to fall on the ball because Morse was blown up so bad he was pushed a couple of yards into the backfield into Allen. 

9 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Sorry if this was answered earlier, but is this his 2nd or third 4th quarter comeback?

I know one of Detroit and Tennessee were comebacks, but I don't remember if they both were. 

It's his 4th.  TN, Det & Jacksonville were the first 3.  And as others have noted had Clay hung on to the ball we may be talking about 5 4th quarter comebacks.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 9/8/2019 at 3:09 PM, Bob in STL said:

Allen just has a hard time getting any credit with the national media and even with many Bills fans.

12 games in and he is doing ok. Definitely an athlete and a leader.  He just needs to consistently deliver the ball and cut down on errors.   Remember a young Brett Farve.  Same kind of player and he did ok.   

One fumble was on a sack, he needed to protect the ball.  The second fumble was a terrible snap, he never got the ball. 

The Pick -6 was on Beasley.  The other pick was a batted ball - bad bounce.  He had two other "pickable" balls that fortunately  the Jets missed.

Yet he had a 308 yard game with 2 TDs.   He threw for 270 yards and one TD, he ran for 38 yards and a TD.  Despite most things going wrong for three quarters he LEADS HIS TEAM to a road win when down 16-0.    That should be the story but with the majority of the media will likely be more focused on his errors. 

exactly, Josh had a grand total of 1 turnover yesterday. 

On 9/8/2019 at 6:09 PM, Bob in STL said:

Today I was listening to the Cowturd show and he indirectly praised Allen.  While blasting the Dolphins he pointed out how screwed they were by being in a division with two young QB's - ALLEN & Darnold - who are franchise QB's for the Bills & Jets.  I was surprised that he mentioned Allen by name as the Bills franchise QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Solid analytics there!  Sounds reasonable to me.

This was true ONLY for the strip sack fumble on the 1st drive.  That was careless on Allen's part.  As for the fumbled snap:

*  It was 4th down so falling on the ball would have been exactly the same as losing a fumble.

*  Allen was unable to fall on the ball because Morse was blown up so bad he was pushed a couple of yards into the backfield into Allen. 

my bad ...i was at a gunshooting , shot doing cookout that was outstanding. i couldn't get every play detail......but man what a day!