Josh Allen - week one report card

rayray808

8 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

It is the same narrative at Buffalo as it was at Wyoming.  Josh will make some mistakes early in the contest.  Josh's overall stats won't be terribly impressive. But when the game is on the line in the second half, he comes to play and flat out makes plays.  Not to mention the way he is able to fire up teammates on both sides of the ball.  The debate will never end and he will always have his detractors but Josh Allen is one dude that everyone would love to have on their team.

"He doesn't get enough fantasy points!"

...blow it out your fantasy a** and get a new hobby folks, because around here we dig W's.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Jobot said:

I like him, but this was only one game.  Additionally it was one of the strangest games based on how it played out.  

Check out: (1) Wyoming v. Northern Illinois 9/3/2016; (2) Wyoming v. Boise State 10/29/2016; (3) Wyoming v. San Diego State 11/19/2016; (4) Wyoming v. Utah State 10/14/2017;  (5) Wyoming v. Colorado State 11/4/2017.  Each basically the same narrative.  Each a loss without Josh Allen late game craziness.

13 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

It is the same narrative at Buffalo as it was at Wyoming.  Josh will make some mistakes early in the contest.  Josh's overall stats won't be terribly impressive. But when the game is on the line in the second half, he comes to play and flat out makes plays.  Not to mention the way he is able to fire up teammates on both sides of the ball.  The debate will never end and he will always have his detractors but Josh Allen is one dude that everyone would love to have on their team.

Good point.  And the important second point is that the mistakes all are things he will learn from and improve.   He isn't just a winner, he's a student.  By this time next season, the Bills will have a guy who is a top 10 QB for three quarters and top 3 winner in the fourth quarter.   He's going to be big time good.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Poyer said as much on OBL today--he said he would go into battle with Allen up to the end of his career, really appreciated Josh coming over to the defensive huddle in the 3rd-4th Q. 

He was asking for Poyer's wife's digits...

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, FiftyPercent said:

I would have given him a D if he was his usual 50% completion, so will give him a D+ for having 64%. Still almost cost them the game with all his turnovers.

5 hours ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

C-

Got lucky all his turnovers did not lose them the game.  I had them for a loss on my picks, so I'm 0-1.

what are the chances you two are one of the same?

thatbegreat-meme.jpg

I could feel his "haters" gloat in his 4 turnovers but most were weird flukes that won't likely happen, well not 4 in one half anyway. But then later he threw bad ones that weren't INT so it balances out. But he was good, again, with arm, feet, leadership, poise. And he led them to victory. 

I can't wait for some DEEP throws though. Beasly - and Daboll - have really opened up the short/medium game. I expect some deep passes galore at one point. Sweeny (#89) has caught a fairly long one for a TE and did so in the preseason games too. I was actually surprised the Jets accepted a 5 yard penalty at one point. Josh losing a down is worse for the Bills than losing 5 yards - his cannon arm makes up for that quick!

Look at the NFL highlight video of the game - I just did. He threw some nice passes. Many 'medium deep" ones that look so effortless we tend to forget they were not dink and dunk passes. And one at the end that was almost picked off... hard not to cringe that the WR didn't come back for the ball, short pass or not.

18 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

see. that's just it, I never said anything about the grade. trolls never were the sharpest knife in the drawer.

You called me a troll because I gave a low grade to a QB who gave the ball away 4 times. That's whiney. So basically everyone who gives a realistic take is a troll? You must have a hard time of things on the internet. #homersonly

22 hours ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

You called me a troll because I gave a low grade to a QB who gave the ball away 4 times. That's whiney. So basically everyone who gives a realistic take is a troll? You must have a hard time of things on the internet. #homersonly

Who knew borg are dim about football?

Edited by Dr. Who