Josh Allen - week one report card

rayray808

He looked like Blake Bortles in the 1st half.  

Good to see he kept his head on straight, but he has got to move on from performances like this.  -4 in turnover ratio plus losing the time of possession battle is recipe for disaster in almost any other case.

26 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I thought he played well, and the INT pick six was not his fault at all, regardless if it was not a perfect pass. But it's tough to say 64.8 with three drops when he had one or two INT drops as well.

I beg to differ. You want to throw it low in traffic. That pass was perfectly placed. Beasley had two hands on it before he tossed it for a pick 6.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I beg to differ. You want to throw it low in traffic. That pass was perfectly placed. Beasley had two hands on it before he tossed it for a pick 6.

A 'perfect pass" to me is a foot higher. It was in no way a bad pass. Beasley would say he has to make that catch 100 out of 100 tries. But he also could have had two other INTs. That one was not on him at all.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

I saw a game I wanted to. Allen shook off the turnovers (99% teams Lose with 4 TOs) and led a team to a 4th game winning drive in 12 starts. 

OK, I agreed with Joe in Winslow now I am agreeing with MAJBobby; something truly happened today!

I have trouble keeping separate the last couple drives for the win with the rest of the game.

Up until the last couple drives, the rest of the game he was a C or C- to me.

Last drive was an A.  He led a come-from-behind victory.

I guess you can average it out to a B-....but if I were a teacher I'd not want to give a grade yet because I really need to see more.

4 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I have trouble keeping separate the last couple drives for the win with the rest of the game.

Up until the last couple drives, the rest of the game he was a C or C- to me.

Last drive was an A.  He led a come-from-behind victory.

I guess you can average it out to a B-....but if I were a teacher I'd not want to give a grade yet because I really need to see more.

IMO, hard to look at it that way. If you reverse it and say he was an A earlier and a C when they needed him it would be a way different POV. The fact he came up big when they needed him, and throughout the fourth quarter, is a big thing. I said this in another thread, but late in the game it was 2nd and 17, and I was thinking, I am not worried, we can easily get this. Before, 2nd and 17 we were all but done.

• Like (+1) 1

I say the Off the leg Beasley INT was a 50/50 on JA and Beasley.  Beasley should have caught it bit the ball was also behind him and off target.

With that said,  The gameplan at that point was moronic.  Maybe it was a take what they give you but why no runs?  Worse yet you have a QB who can gun the ball.  Throw it downfield once and a while.   

I am happy that the Bills escaped with a win but let’s hope they learn a lot from this game.

Just now, BuffaloBill said:

I say the Off the leg Beasley INT was a 50/50 on JA and Beasley.  Beasley should have caught it bit the ball was also behind him and off target.

With that said,  The gameplan at that point was moronic.  Maybe it was a take what they give you but why no runs?  Worse yet you have a QB who can gun the ball.  Throw it downfield once and a while.   

I am happy that the Bills escaped with a win but let’ss Hope they learn a lot from this game.

He was stopped. I don't think it was behind him at all. An only a little low, but that is sometimes by design. He needs to make that catch 19 of 20 times and maybe more. That pass should never ever be an INT.

• Like (+1) 1

Biggest thing to me was he showed complete command of the offense. Plenty of big time throws. Needs to see guys jumping his deep routes better, but an excellent showing underneath and in the intermediate area. A++ from me, the year 2 jump was completely visible. DaBoll is doing an excellent job bringing together a modern NFL offense as well.

The nfl should change the way they track interceptions.  Neither of those ints were Allens fault. The fumbled snap was all Moorse.  The ball never touched Allens hands. The sack/fumble was his fault though.  

Also I thought Gore got out of the endzone.  We should have won 17-14.  :)

Stats wise, Buffalo dominated. 370 offensive yards to 223 for the Jets.  Held Bell to 60 yards rushing.

Singletary is the real deal too.

• Thank you (+1) 1