Josh Allen - week one report card

rayray808

Grade: B-

24/37 - 254 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT - 10 carries, 38 yards, 1 TD, 2 fumbles

He stayed poised all game, and when it mattered... he delivered. He seemed to never lose poise and focus. Of the 4 turnovers, one INT was batted at the line, the other INT was bounced of Beasleyʻs knee (which he should have caught, one fumble on a bad exchange on a 4th and 1 which I doubt he and Morse had much practice doing, and the last was a strip sack - which I put the total blame on him.

Josh Allen did two important things today: he led a team, and he won a game AWAY against a DIVISION RIVAL when nothing was going our way and they were even down 0-16.

GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 24
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 6

A

I don't think people realize how big a deal this is today.  

Jets fans and their media that covers them get to sit around and now question if they mistakenly traded up and whether or not they took the "right" Josh.  

Hostile environment.  Dead to rights.  Overcame the TO's (I put only ONE on Josh he was just fine early on considering we wanted him to literally do everything).  The critics will point those out as more evidence that he's not good or whatever nonsense........ but most honestly watching has to see Josh passes the eye test.  Without question.  We'll have to live with the turnovers because he gambles he takes chances----he's STILL RAW.  But he's a gamer and a dog.  Period.  

Just a great great win.  

• Like (+1) 28
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

13 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

Grade: B-

24/37 - 254 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT - 10 carries, 38 yards, 1 TD, 2 fumbles

He stayed poised all game, and when it mattered... he delivered. He seemed to never lose poise and focus. Of the 4 turnovers, one INT was batted at the line, the other INT was bounced of Beasleyʻs knee (which he should have caught, one fumble on a bad exchange on a 4th and 1 which I doubt he and Morse had much practice doing, and the last was a strip sack - which I put the total blame on him.

Josh Allen did two important things today: he led a team, and he won a game AWAY against a DIVISION RIVAL when nothing was going our way and they were even down 0-16.

GO BILLS!

What was his QBR?

It's also tough to win on the road on the season opener.   Next week They go against Giants home opener, but not the same intensity in week 2.

Int's off deflection I kind of look at as good luck for Def and bad luck for O  Look at how many passes the Bills got a hand on, but  maybe only one ever came close to landing where another Bills player could have caught it. 

Allan had 2 passes that could have been Int's one called back on penalty and another got lucky on, but those things happen all the time to every QB out there over time.

All around good game, for the most part, most of his passes were spot on.

Liked how he went through his progressions, how he threw the ball away when appropriate.  Threw a couple into coverage that luckily weren’t picked.  Can’t recall a single truly inaccurate throw.  And obviously the moxie in the comeback.

He’s getting there.

• Like (+1) 7