Rookie Watch.

ChicagoRic

Nice game by Sweeney.  35 yards and showed really good drive blocking on a Singletary run.  

Knox:  1 yard.  Nothing to report in terms of blocking. 

Oliver: 2 tackles.  I'll take it. 

Ford:  Struggled. 

Edited by ChicagoRic

35 minutes ago, ChicagoRic said:

Nice game by Sweeney.  35 yards and showed really good drive blocking on a Singletary run.  

Knox:  1 yard.  Nothing to report in terms of blocking. 

Oliver: 2 tackles.  I'll take it. 

Ford:  Struggled. 

Singletary had the biggest impact. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, class_of_2012 said:

He had 81 yards today on just 10 carries with KC. I regret cutting him.

A lot of what's important to NFL players is respect.  Other players notice how stars are treated.  Washington didn't even have Adrian Peterson suit up today -- how can you do that and not have other players notice? 

Shady could still have been very good for the team this year, but he wasn't going to get the carries he's used to.  It wouldn't sit well for a rookie to become the lead back while he watches from the sidelines.

Cutting him instead of trading him?  That shows respect too.  Instead of getting a low draft pick for a HOF candidate, they let him pick his team, and possibly get a ring at the end of his career.  Good for him.  Shady responded with very appreciative tweets about the team and about Buffalo.  I think this was handled correctly by the Bills.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Utah John said:

A lot of what's important to NFL players is respect.  Other players notice how stars are treated.  Washington didn't even have Adrian Peterson suit up today -- how can you do that and not have other players notice? 

Shady could still have been very good for the team this year, but he wasn't going to get the carries he's used to.  It wouldn't sit well for a rookie to become the lead back while he watches from the sidelines.

Cutting him instead of trading him?  That shows respect too.  Instead of getting a low draft pick for a HOF candidate, they let him pick his team, and possibly get a ring at the end of his career.  Good for him.  Shady responded with very appreciative tweets about the team and about Buffalo.  I think this was handled correctly by the Bills.

Agreed. It just drives me crazy that KC's 3 offensive leaders today were or could have been Bills: Shady, Watkins, and Mahomes.

Edited by class_of_2012
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, class_of_2012 said:

Agreed. It just drives me crazy that KC's 3 offensive leaders today were or could have been Bills: Shady, Watkins, and Mahommes.

Yeah, but unless they got Andy Reid as well I don't think the results would have been what you are looking for.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1