Rich Gannon: not a great color guy

I'm glad you started this thread, because Gannon's performance was one of the very worst that I've ever heard.

I didn't realize who it was at first.  I just assumed he was an ignorant JESTS homer, and when they showed that it was Gannon, I couldn't believe it.  I don't remember him being so bad before.

21 hours ago, DrDonut said:

Wasn't there some stat about Marshall Faulk and another RB getting 1000 yds rushing and receiving, and saying that Bell had a chance for that this year? Didn't Thurman do that 3 seasons in a row? Where are the props for that?!?!?!?

Thurman never had 1000 yards receiving in a season

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/ThomTh00.htm

The whole game I was thinking "damn they have no idea what they are talking about", and I didn't even catch the part about John Brown playing for the wrong team.  Guess I was too distracted being annoying with them gobbling Bell's junk every chance they got.

On 9/8/2019 at 4:48 PM, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I guess I’ve never paid any attention to it before. Here a few things he said that bugged me: 

-Called Josh Bellamy John Brown and went on a 30 second rant about how “Smoke Brown” would be good for the Jets (both #15 to be fair)

-Said the Bills have spent a lot of money on their DL since McD has been there. Not true. They’ve extended Hughes, signed Murphy to a reasonable deal, DECLINED a 5th year option on a player who was great today at DE, and drafted a 1st round talent. 

-Criticized Allen for the pick 6 when I don’t think it was really on him as much as it was on Beasley. 

- couldn’t get off LeVeon Bell’s jock, even when the game had clearly moved into new territory. I appreciate discussing free agent moves and how that effects the game but we have a whole offseason for that.

- Finally, there was a failed jailbreak screen to Zay Jones where Robert Foster CLEARY blocked the wrong guy and he didn’t even analyze the play, just called it a bad play call

All in all, I just really can’t stand the national broadcast being inept to provide me a good service for watching the games. Idc if you are a HOF QB, Id rather a guy who is invested in the roster and the game, and can comment of what is actually happening on the field. 

Am am I being unrealistic in my expectations? 

P.S. I like Kevin Harlan.

better than trent green.  but not by much.  

Edited by jethro_tull

I had reception issues but caught most of the 4th quarter.  I thought I was watching a FOX telecast as it seemed the game was being worked for the Giants in terms of commentary.  Only in the last few minutes when the game was out of reach for the Giants did Gumbel and Green talk about the Bills' positives.