John Brown, 7 Catches, 123 yards, TD. Good stuff.

ChicagoRic

5 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

Clearly, one of the better players on the field today.

The bullet he caught on the middle of the field with a guy all over him was a thing of beauty and something we really have missed for a long time from our #1 WR.(the play where Beasley was held on by the facemask) Ran some nice crossers where he kept his defenders 3 yards away.

It says in the game log that he was targeted 10 times, caught 7 balls but he didn't have a single drop.

1'21'' mark and on third down to make the play more impressive.

1 hour ago, ColeB said:

Even when he was healthy in the past, he didn’t put up solid numbers consistently.  Hope this year is different.  Of course, will the Giants view the game recording and adjust their defense towards him? We’ll see. If so, have to make adjustments.

Beasely had 5 receptions and it seemed like they were all in the 1st Qtr.

Todays game from brown should surprise no one. It’s just a question of how often we see it. 

Beasley isn’t the same caliber player but hopefully cleans up the drops from today. He’s a good option but I think all offseason the board was too low on brown and too high on beasley, as a general tone. 

• Like (+1) 2

That was really nice to see. You gotta love when the new guys perform right out of the gate.

Also, Zay didn't get a lot of throws his way, but he made good grabs when called upon. Beasley had two ugly drops, but I'm sure he'll bounce back. Also great to see the 6th round TE making plays, and Singletary doing damage catching out of the backfield. All in all, this is looking like a really solid group of pass options. Hopefully Allen can dial it in better in the weeks to come.

10 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Bills will be drafting their # 1 in next year's draft.

Agreed, unless there is something else killer where they pick.

However, doesn't change my post...he looked like a number 1...the 2020 pick isn't on the team for 2019.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

15 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Todays game from brown should surprise no one. It’s just a question of how often we see it. 

Beasley isn’t the same caliber player but hopefully cleans up the drops from today. He’s a good option but I think all offseason the board was too low on brown and too high on beasley, as a general tone. 

Actually, thats spot on.  Brown has been streaky for his career, hopefully in a more featured roll he is a little more consistent.

Beasley looked bad yesterday, caused the pick 6, got hit in the head with the ball, got next to nothing fir yac bc he chose to fall down instead of run.  I saw the lack of yac in the preseason and thought it might be preservation, I hope its not a sign of whats to come, if so, McKenzie needs to take his spot and he needs to be sent packing.

1 hour ago, starrymessenger said:

Bills will be drafting their # 1 in next year's draft.

I’ll believe that when I see it.  Sounds great, but I think 3-4 stud WRs will already be off the board the the time we pick.  I see a pass rusher or OL in our future.

Brown played a pretty perfect game, albeit vs a bad #2 corner in Daryl Roberts.  He’d be a great #2 wr but with what we do, he may be a fine #1 as well.  Upgrading Zay is a likely need as we speak

Edited by NewEra

16 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’ll believe that when I see it.  Sounds great, but I think 3-4 stud WRs will already be off the board the the time we pick.  I see a pass rusher or OL in our future.

Brown played a pretty perfect game, albeit vs a bad #2 corner in Daryl Roberts.  He’d be a great #2 wr but with what we do, he may be a fine #1 as well.  Upgrading Zay is a likely need as we speak

Jeudy, Shenault or Reagor would do fine. Any of them would have been the first WR off the board in 2019 by a comfortable margin. 

We should be in a position to land one of them IMO (unless we are picking 32nd). 

Ive always liked John Brown and was disappointed when he signed with the Ravens. He's a smart route running starting calibre NFL receiver with speed, and I'm happy we've got him, but not a # 1, meaning he's not elite. He maybe flashed some promise of that early on in his career but it did not materialize. 

In terms of where this team is now, I value a game breaking # 1 receiver over another O-line. Depending (obviously) on what's out there when we pick I'd probably go for another RB before OL (assuming otherwise equal value). We need some blue chip talent at the skill positions on offence to complete the picture.

Edited by starrymessenger

2 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Jeudy, Shenault or Reagor would do fine. Any of them would have been the first WR off the board in 2019 by a comfortable margin. 

We should be in a position to land one of them IMO (unless we are picking 32nd). 

Ive always liked John Brown and was disappointed when he signed with the Ravens. He's a smart route running starting calibre NFL receiver with speed, and I'm happy we've got him, but not a # 1, meaning he's not elite. He maybe flashed some promise of that early on in his career but it did not materialize. 

In terms of where this team is now, I value a game breaking # 1 receiver over another O-line. Depending (obviously) on what's out there when we pick I'd probably go for another RB before OL (assuming otherwise equal value). We need some blue chip talent at the skill positions on offence to complete the picture.

Good luck having them on the board when we pick

lots of teams don’t have true #1 WRs.  Including both super bowl teams.  I could care less if we have one.  Look back at the teams playing in the SB the last 2 decades. and how many”true #1 WRs” do you see?  

I’m ok with brown being our #1 as long as we upgrade our #2 and possibly TE

Edited by NewEra

42 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I strongly feel that Brown will turn in a 1200+ yard season with 80+ catches and 8+ TD’s.  And that’s not because of yesterday, that was my thoughts before week 1 and he went out and just made me feel even stronger about that.  

Brown has always been a good player. He just needs a place to call home. Constantly switching cities, teams and systems can wear anybody out!

Edited by Rocket94