Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ChicagoRic

John Brown, 7 Catches, 123 yards, TD. Good stuff.

Recommended Posts

Brown showed me today he is more than just a burner.  A very good game for home and hopefully a harbinger of things to come.  Last year we did not see a 100 yard WR for the Bills until Robert Foster exploded in the 2nd half of the season.  Nice to have this in week one.

 

 

  • Like (+1) 18
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He looked good. Exactly what we need from him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New players are looking great. Please keep proving me wrong , McDermott, I actually enjoy it.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Should be even better once he and Allen connect on deep shots

They did connect on a 40 yard TD and several 20+ yard plays.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ChicagoRic said:

Brown showed me today he is more than just a burner.  A very good game for home and hopefully a harbinger of things to come.  Last year we did not see a 100 yard WR for the Bills until Robert Foster exploded in the 2nd half of the season.  Nice to have this in week one.

 

 

Yes...Brown gave us a taste of what he is capable of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Hope he manages to stay healthy. Definitely had a great game.

 

Even when he was healthy in the past, he didn’t put up solid numbers consistently.  Hope this year is different.  Of course, will the Giants view the game recording and adjust their defense towards him? We’ll see. If so, have to make adjustments.

 

Beasely had 5 receptions and it seemed like they were all in the 1st Qtr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He really did sneak a century game in, didn’t he.  Allen being able to hit him in stride was huge 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like what I saw in Brown and Singletary.  Can't wait for Beasley to add to the mix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Number one receiver numbers 

 

And he looked the part. The guy was catching everything anywhere near him— and two is his catches were on plays where he was being interfered with, I think. That’s what a no. 1 receiver looks like.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clearly, one of the better players on the field today.

 

The bullet he caught on the middle of the field with a guy all over him was a thing of beauty and something we really have missed for a long time from our #1 WR.(the play where Beasley was held on by the facemask) Ran some nice crossers where he kept his defenders 3 yards away.

 

It says in the game log that he was targeted 10 times, caught 7 balls but he didn't have a single drop.

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Doc said:

Great pickup.

I said when they tried to go after him last year even, he and Allen are a perfect match 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rookie season of Josh was looked at way too much about what he did versus what he is/was surrounded with. If he had last year's line and WR we get killed today. If he had this year's line and WR last year he doesn't look so bad.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

Clearly, one of the better players on the field today.

 

The bullet he caught on the middle of the field with a guy all over him was a thing of beauty and something we really have missed for a long time from our #1 WR.(the play where Beasley was held on by the facemask) Ran some nice crossers where he kept his defenders 3 yards away.

 

It says in the game log that he was targeted 10 times, caught 7 balls but he didn't have a single drop.

 

 

1'21'' mark and on third down to make the play more impressive.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ColeB said:

 

Even when he was healthy in the past, he didn’t put up solid numbers consistently.  Hope this year is different.  Of course, will the Giants view the game recording and adjust their defense towards him? We’ll see. If so, have to make adjustments.

 

Beasely had 5 receptions and it seemed like they were all in the 1st Qtr.

 

 

Todays game from brown should surprise no one. It’s just a question of how often we see it. 

 

Beasley isn’t the same caliber player but hopefully cleans up the drops from today. He’s a good option but I think all offseason the board was too low on brown and too high on beasley, as a general tone. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...