JR in Pittsburgh

Best play (by Allen) no one will talk about

15 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Allen has a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go.

Like Baker Mayfield?  Allen showed growth today. Still made a bad decision throw but maybe we need to live with one of those every game if it gets us some of the solid throws he made today 

2 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

That was a great throw which should have been caught by the Beaser.  That and the INT were two plays that Beasley failed to make, and nearly cost us the game.

This, I agree with. The pick 6 was squarely on Beasley. And really, the one he dropped in the 4th??? Come on, Cole!

16 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Allen has a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go.

Kid had a Rough 3 quarters but battled back from 0-16 on the road against a division rival. He’s got to

improve, yes. But he seems to play his best when the game matters the most.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

It was a perfect throw by the way. I agree with this post, but to be honest those kinds of throws have been his strength. I remember the senior bowl, and he made a few of those throws. He is smooth at times, but then does something dumb or rushes the throws faster than his feet. He seemed better overall, but still a few misses and that one bad bad super bad throw/decision that should have been a back breaking pick, but ended in a FG. Dodged a bullet, and I'm so glad!

Edited by mykidsdad

Look, Allen will get ripped up pretty good for the 4 turnovers today.  However, at least 2 of them were not on him.  He had a rough day at times, but he wasn't all that bad.  In fact, I was pretty encouraged overall.  The Bills had a lot of bad luck in this game and still found a way to win.  It was far from great, and he needs to be a lot better, but he was OK and showed some pretty good things.

All that said, I know many are not a fan of all the early passing, but I was really happy with it.  Now, did all of the first 19 plays have to be passes?  No.  But this in 2019 and this is a passing league.  I have no problem throwing it all over the field.  If we can get to a 60-40, or even slightly higher, pass to run ratio, I think we'll have a chance to do some good things.  Motor has to pay more in the next game, though.  I respect Gore and what he has done in his career, but the best contribution he can make to this team is getting Singletary ready to take over this backfield.

45 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Allen looked way better in his progression as a qb than darnold. Very happy he is on the team. Also not a fan of the way mayfield carries himself and feel like he is a ticking time bomb. Jackson will be interesting watching going forward. I feel like today could be a fluke as Miami has already put up the white flag and the team has already quick on their mgmt. 

Allen > Darnold.

darnold looked like captain checkdown. And I can’t even imagine the panic amongst Jets fans over the batted balls. 😂

46 minutes ago, MDH said:

To be fair, Darnold was facing a much better secondary and a more consistent pass rush. 

Yes but Darnold also had a run game. We didn't til late 2nd half. 

52 minutes ago, JustWinPlease said:

Still can't believe we passed on Patrick Mahomes and Lamar Jackson. (More so Mahomes, I didn't believe in Jackson very much.)

I'm not impressed by Allen at all...and I wanted to draft him specifically.

I don’t think you realize how big of a comeback this was for him after the horrendous start on the road...that might seem like an everyday thing to you- but, from experience, that is not something every QB makes happen...

JA had a rough start, no doubt...but there is clear progress that has been made this game...just keep getting better 👍

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

And to play devils advocate, he had two plays that he just threw it up for grabs that both luckily did not result in interceptions. Idc how many throw away plays you have. If you can’t avoid the turnovers, it’s not going to matter 

And yet..........we won

1 hour ago, MDH said:

To be fair, Darnold was facing a much better secondary and a more consistent pass rush. 

And to be fair even though our DLine is ok. The Jets Dline is much nastier

• Thanks! (+1) 1

This board would be calling for zay Jones immediate release if he had Beasley’s game today. Beasley was gonna change everything... never dropped a ball and stuff 

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

And yet..........we won

And yet that’s not a ustaninable ways to win games in the NFL. So to highlight the time he threw it away would me more meaningful had he not made those other plays that luckily went in our favor 

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

Beasley seemed a bit off today.  He'll get it together.

He was off more than a bit....

He finished off a 4th quarter comeback on the road against a division rival.  Even with the turnovers and bad breaks he did not hangdog  it.  Hopefully he continues to improve and clean up some of the ball security and decision making.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

And yet that’s not a ustaninable ways to win games in the NFL. So to highlight the time he threw it away would me more meaningful had he not made those other plays that luckily went in our favor 

1 and 0

in the afc

in the div

calm down

4 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

EU I totally agree with you that we would’ve lost to more than half of the NFL today, but the truth of the matter is the Bills are going to play some games like this ( hopefully not -4 turnovers ).  The Bills need to win games like this.

• Thanks! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

i guess we didn't see the same thing.

Then....rewatch it.

Two plays I question. (Sorry nothing to do with Allen either)

With 19 sec left and the Bills punting, why not put high out of bounds.    Even if the ref walks it back to the 15 or 20, won't the clock keep running until the ball hit's the ground thus taking more time off the clock rather than punting straight down the center into the end zone?

On the last play by the Jets, once the Jet players passed it back across the field and it hits the ground, does it then become a fumble which only the player who fumbled can advance?  Or is that a lateral, and there are no rules about laterals as to who can or can't pick it up or advance it?

That kid is a warrior. Bills have lost this type of game forever now. Instead he drove right down against the jests in their house with the game on the line. This team is full of heart and it starts with our quarterback. Go Bills

• Thanks! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

And to play devils advocate, he had two plays that he just threw it up for grabs that both luckily did not result in interceptions. Idc how many throw away plays you have. If you can’t avoid the turnovers, it’s not going to matter 

Yeah, strangely (or maybe not), those are the throws that concern me, rather than the actual INTs which I think were a bit fluky.

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

Christ, how could you miss it?

24 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

1 and 0

in the afc

in the div

calm down

Youre right. 1-0 champions!!! When is the parade? Why is that we aren’t allowed to be critical of our teams/players when they win but can crucify them when they lose? 

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

Open your eyes and turn off your biases is always a good tip

1 hour ago, MDH said:

I wish I knew how to post the SNL debbie downer meme... I will figure it out someday

1 hour ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Josh Allen had one of the most beautiful plays. Under pressure, calmly stepped up in the pocket with guys all around and dropped a gorgeous dime right into Beasley’s arms 30 yards down field (which he dropped).

One of my favorite plays by Allen today. He’s shown a lot of improvement re his reads, pocket presence, and accuracy— and that play was illustrative of that improvement, IMO.

"And just like that, the man rendered his own prophecy untruth through it's utterance."