Bills (1-0) at Jets (0-1) Postgame thread

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Ralonzo said:

This argument I will grant you some leeway on, since the 4 Bills turnovers were before the game's final score had been registered... however if some random Jet picks that ball up and Dysons his way to the end zone, then no, the game would not have been decided at that point, so to me it was a turnover while the game was in doubt - not as much doubt, but still within the realm of that one play potentially changing the outcome. Right?

Technically. ;) By the time the Jet stopped close to the sideline, turned and tried to throw it across the field the opposite way while being hit, the game was 99.999% over. 

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Technically. ;) By the time the Jet stopped close to the sideline, turned and tried to throw it across the field the opposite way while being hit, the game was 99.999% over. 

To me, there's no garbage time in a 1-point game.

Except on Twitter. Everything on Twitter is garbage.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ralonzo said:

To me, there's no garbage time in a 1-point game.

Except on Twitter. Everything on Twitter is garbage.

To me, there is no garbage time in a one point game either. But to me, the fourth Josh turnover happened in the third quarter and before we started the comeback. To me, this game played out much more like a four turnover differential than a three turnover differential because of the last play

12 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

I'm sure the Pats and Steelers are looking to make a change too considering Tom airmailing and Ben turfing multiple passes already tonight.

i get the national media they dont watch the Bills......but Bills fans do we watch other qb's play???    Rogers was brutal, Trubisky was terrible, Baker was awful Im not going to go down the list but we analyze ever throw Allen makes like no one else makes a poor  throw or bounces one or the DB drops an interception. It happpens every freaking week thats football

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, CardinalScotts said:

i get the national media they dont watch the Bills......but Bills fans do we watch other qb's play???    Rogers was brutal, Trubisky was terrible, Baker was awful Im not going to go down the list but we analyze ever throw Allen makes like no one else makes a poor  throw or bounces one or the DB drops an interception. It happpens every freaking week thats football

If you showed every QB's 3 or 4 worst passes in the highlights every week the whole league would be Josh Allen.

• Like (+1) 3

So Singletary outgains Bell and Allen outgains Darnold and our defense only allows 3.4 yards a play. Imagine what could have happened without all the crazy turnovers. Even the punter didn’t suck. All I wanted was a first game leaving high optimism for the future. Let see this continue for the next 2 weeks. We need to come back to Metlife and hand it to the Giants next week. 

• Like (+1) 3

https://theathletic.com/1195142/2019/09/08/a-surreal-victory-and-a-kinetic-rookie-devin-singletary-they-call-him-motor-revs-up-the-bills-offense/  (sub. required) 

To emphasize a point that everyone should be prepared to overcome growing pains and remain calm as mistakes are made, offensive coordinator Brian Daboll recently asked all of the new Bills to stand up.

Nine offensive players remained seated. Of those nine, only three started Sunday: 23-year-old Allen, left tackle Dion Dawkins and fullback Patrick DiMarco.

In addition to the eight debuting offensive starters, six more came off the bench. Receiver Andre Roberts and tight end Tyler Kroft were sidelined by injuries.

Pretty crazy the amount of change on offense.

Hopefully they will only continue to get better the more time they have together! 

Couple of my favorite quotes -

Singletary turned 22 five days before his NFL debut. He has latched himself to Gore, and the future Hall of Famer doesn’t seem to mind one bit.

“He’s a kid that’s special in this era,” Gore said. “He listens. He’s willing to do whatever.”

“He’s been doing it since we drafted him,” Bills safety Micah Hyde said of Singletary. “That kid makes plays. He’s like a little bowling ball. He bounces off tackles, he makes guys miss, and we’re lucky to have him on our team.”

(talking about the Bills win) “If that’s not a testament to the locker room and the men in this organization,” said Smith, sweat pouring down his face, “then ****, I don’t what is.”

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

His first half wasn’t nearly as bad as the counting stats would indicate.

The turnovers were all very flukey as opposed to being poor decision making; and by my count Allen really only made two truly poor decisions throughout the game, neither of which came back to bite him.

If this is who Josh Allen is, the Bills are going to be playoff contenders for the next 10-15 years or so.  Without bad luck, the Bills win this game by 3-4 scores in a run away.

Who are you and what have you done with TiTTasker?

7 hours ago, whatdrought said:

So... 18 straight pass plays to start this week... How about 18 straight run plays against the Giants? 

I am so excited to see what our Offense can look like with Motor getting going. 

I think we’ll see more of the same next week as the G-men also have a susceptible Secondary. Daboll is developing his Air Allen offense to be whatever best suits beating the next opponent. Thrilling, actually. 

• Like (+1) 6

14 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I think we’ll see more of the same next week as the G-men also have a susceptible Secondary. Daboll is developing his Air Allen offense to be whatever best suits beating the next opponent. Thrilling, actually. 

I think this was a real good game for the Air Allen O to learn from. ( I like that name )

Our Buffalo Bills football team really showed some grit today.

Impressive despite the mistakes. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1