Bills (1-0) at Jets (0-1) Postgame thread

YoloinOhio

39 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

Well hopefully he gives one soon.

14 minutes ago, JetFan79 said:

Damn it, the Jets really need a kicker.  That's gonna cost us some more games for sure.

Oh well, at least no major injuries and Bell looked good.

Well done on Allen's part coming back on the road in a loud environment.  He looked pretty good.

Should sign McLaughlin off the Vikings PS he went kick for kick with Hauschka in preseason.

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, JetFan79 said:

Damn it, the Jets really need a kicker.  That's gonna cost us some more games for sure.

Oh well, at least no major injuries and Bell looked good.

Well done on Allen's part coming back on the road in a loud environment.  He looked pretty good.

Is Mosley OK? Things went downhill fast after he went out. I would be concerned if he misses time.

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I felt the same way. I'm not even sure about the overturned pick, part of me thinks Allen saw the penalty and threw it up for grabs. He does that all the time. I thought Allen outplayed Darnold by a pretty wide margin.

I'm wondering if Allen wasn't throwing to Knox(?)on that play, and because he was held, that's why Knox wasn't in position to make a play.   That's why Allen was certain of the PI.

2 hours ago, yungmack said:

Cowher stole than from John Wooden who probably lifted it from someone else, like Marcus Aurelius.

It was actually stolen from Cotton McKnight

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/3d6e0769-815c-417d-bac6-612f510c6263

• Haha (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

You met Rachel?!

If you are referring to my comment about having been around Jordan Poyer's family, I did not mean his immediate family. But the Poyers (who definitely are related) are outstanding people! One an outstanding volleyball coach and that gentleman's wife a hall of fame athlete in two different sports

A couple of thoughts about the game.

At some point this season, I think the Jets fans are going to realize that it wasn't Darnold, rather the Bills may have the best pass defense in the league.

This is the type of win that will help them throughout the season--they never gave up.

The offense has 8 new starters, so it may take a few games before they really start clicking.  Given that, I'd say they looked really good today despite some bad bounces...

I'm very interested in seeing how the run D does next week against Barkley.  They were very good today.

I turned the sound off after Gannon said the nickname of #15 on the Jets was "smoke"....

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, vincec said:

Is Mosley OK? Things went downhill fast after he went out. I would be concerned if he misses time.

Yeah no word yet.  Even worse considering we lost MLB Avery Williamson to injury (our tackle leader last year) for the season.

Mosely didn't look too concerned on the sideline though.

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

The same fans that saw him gift wrapping a game to them in the 1st Quarter?

Yes because he pulled through when it counted

most while Darnold failed to deliver big. Darnold is an average QB imo. Allen has a high ceiling (and basement), but has elite potential. I’m not convinced that Darnold can be much more than average.