Bills (1-0) at Jets (0-1) Postgame thread

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, PastaJoe said:

Bills and Jets both showed they’re not wildcard contenders.

Tell us "beating a 0-0 team on the road hurts our chances in the draft."  C'mon.  Tell us "Winning only hurts the franchise."  In week 1.  Do it.  I dare you.  

• Haha (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Doing his best Trent Edwards impersonation today.

As much as I know that stats often don't tell the whole story, but it does make a point here. Darnold threw for 68% today, but we are talking about a 4.25 yard per attempt average.

In comparison, Allen was 24/37 for 64% but for 6.85 yards per attempt. (So much for innacurate)

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but the quick short pass dink and dunk while relying on YAC was Gase's hallmark in Miami too, right?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

I honestly dont think the Jets collapsed.  The Bills out played them the entire game.   It just took awhile for the score to reflect their better play.  

This we dominated the game ..just really poor execution and ball security or we would have scored on the opening drive .

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, MJS said:

Jets fans are having a complete meltdown. They are convinced Darnold is a terrible QB. I have to say that Darnold was not the reason they lost. Their bad oline and suspect secondary are the real reason.

I hope the Jets make the mistake of moving on from Darnold.

Darnold is not the reason they lost, but it must be tough for those fans to watch Allen look like a playmaker. Allen is out there making plays with his feet and showing off an elite arm. Darnold plays like a glorified Trent Edwards while Allen plays a bit like Favre. 

• Like (+1) 1

Frustrating game to watch as the Bills kept getting in their own way. After seeing both teams, I do strongly believe we are the better team overall. Mosely and Bell had strong games for the Jets. With all of Josh’s ups and downs he finished with a 65% completion rate. 

OL is vastly improved. Not sure about Ford at OT. Milano struggled anticipating Bell out of the backfield. Strong game by Shaq.

Hopefully they clean things up and  go get their 2nd win against the Giants.

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Also, the rookie class (Oliver, Singletary, Sweeney) played a big part in this win, as did the free agent class.

Sweeney is our best TE right now. Like Nick O'Leary, the guys is just always open. He also blocks well which is a huge plus. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Adam Gase is a bad coach.  The so called “brilliant offensive mind” was made to look every bit the clueless dufus that he is today.  Greg Williams’ “make him be a QB” strategy backfired in a big way.  The Jets suck. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

DiMarco?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think DiMarco was involved with any of today's turnovers?

The first one was a strip sack, the second was a ball that Cole Beasley popped up in the air off his trail leg, the third was Morse snapping the ball directly into his own ####### getting blown off the ball, and the final one was tipped up in the air by the left end.

I'll have to watch the all-22 to confirm, but watching in real time I thought DiMarco played well.

Wow, yeah, I stand corrected. I was watching with the sound off and I could have sworn that I saw DiMarco on the play on the pick six. Clearly, I got that wrong.

Sorry folks. Mea Culpa.

• Thank you (+1) 1

My favorite part of this game was. 

The weakness of the Jets is the CBs and even with Allen turnovers still kept Attacking it. Started right from jump and never stopped. For many years I watched the Bills scared to attack weak secondary’s. 

• Like (+1) 1

There are no textbooks for learning how to win in the NFL, but there are tests.  Today was one of ‘em.  

Coming back down multiple scores, on the road against a rival, overcoming mistakes and terrible play, playing the full 60 - what a huge experience for this team, and one they can build on.

I love this team.   This could be a fun season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CSBill said:

That's pretty good company.

O was rusty and it showed,

What also showed was the growth and maturity of Allen to hang in there and pull out a win at crunch time.

The kind of hard fought win that builds character.

Nice job McD and Co. 

10 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Darnold is not the reason they lost, but it must be tough for those fans to watch Allen look like a playmaker. Allen is out there making plays with his feet and showing off an elite arm. Darnold plays like a glorified Trent Edwards while Allen plays a bit like Favre. 

That's the Gase affect like with Tanney. He's way to conservative and goes into a shell. 

Edited by Real McCoy