Bills (1-0) at Jets (0-1) Postgame thread

YoloinOhio

This was a type of game Buffalo had for years.  Have a massive turnover margin and find a way to lose it late.  Besides the first drive fumble... Allen played well.  Imo they wanted to ease Singletary into NFL action.  By the second half he played under better control.  Going forward he will ne a big part of the offense.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

Allen is a winner, for sure. Not sure he'll ever get to a place of consistent, elite QB play, but I bet he'll win a lot of games.

Brady didn't have to be a gunslinger until he had been playing for a half dozen years.  You all remember they played good defense and kept games close, dink/dunk offense with high percentage passes.  They didn't start the wide open offense until what... 2006 or 2007?  Belichick and the defense won those first three Super Bowls in my opinion.  Not a bad blueprint to follow if you can pull off the defense, and I think our guys can.  I have my doubts about Frazier but I like what McBeane has been doing with the team. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Found it a bit strange they didn't take a closer look at the spot on Bell's 2nd effort first down.  It was awfully close, and would have been nice to see where his knee went down.  

They did review it.  Wasn't enough evidence to overturn it.  Pile of bodies and not many camera angles for a multi-billion dollar businessl.  I feel like he might have gotten out but barely.  Remember the ball just needs to be touching the line to be a safety/TD.

15 minutes ago, MJS said:

Jets fans are having a complete meltdown. They are convinced Darnold is a terrible QB. I have to say that Darnold was not the reason they lost. Their bad oline and suspect secondary are the real reason.

I hope the Jets make the mistake of moving on from Darnold.

they could move in for Rosen ?

• Haha (+1) 1

This game had it all. Self inflicted effort to steal a loss from the jaws of victory all 1st half and really most of 3rd Q, then a furious rally when JA and co finally hit their groove and learned how to finish—to say nothing of a D with backbone. On to the Giants—let’s make it a little easier this time though for the sake of my blood pressure! 

18 minutes ago, mattynh said:

I had this thought.    What if Zay Jones had the game Beasley had today?    He would be getting fried.  

Who is to blame for the pick six?   It was “catchable” but it had a lot of heat and was not well placed.   

Pick six was definitely on Beasley.  It was a low throw, but was right in his hands and he was angled well to make that catch.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, mattynh said:

I had this thought.    What if Zay Jones had the game Beasley had today?    He would be getting fried.  

Who is to blame for the pick six?   It was “catchable” but it had a lot of heat and was not well placed.   

Both but he should have had it

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DuckyBoys said:

Frustrating game to watch for the first few quarters but the Bills showed some major resiliency to get the W ,   Defense did not wilt even with all those bad breaks.  Josh gets a 4th quarter comeback and hopefully a lot of the mistakes we saw today get put to bed.  Jets fans throwing Darnold under the bus for being captain checkdown 

Doing his best Trent Edwards impersonation today.

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

Jets fans are having a complete meltdown. They are convinced Darnold is a terrible QB. I have to say that Darnold was not the reason they lost. Their bad oline and suspect secondary are the real reason.

I hope the Jets make the mistake of moving on from Darnold.

I think they're taking it well...

One of the most disgusting & painful losses I've ever experienced as a Jets fan.

I’m done with the god forsaken ***** team. Goodbye.

I'm thinking we start probably about 0-6 at best.

SOFJ

Feels like we've just lost a playoff game as in eliminated. I'm signing off yes can me a sore loser but I just can't do it right now

Remember, Miami didn't even see Gase fit to oversee the dumpster fire they currently have burning down there.

JeTs aRe A sLeEpEr TeAm

When are we gonna admit Darnold isnt what we hope he is?

I think most already know it. It's just hard to admit because it's the only thing we have to hang any hope on.

I need to take a break before this garbage franchise drives me insane. See you in October. Probably 0-5 by then but w/e.

Only silver lining is maybe things get so bad that they have no choice but to can Gase midseason.

This season makes 44 years for me. So unfortunately I'm stuck with this loser team too. It's the curse of my lifetime.

Never wanted this coach. Saw this 50 times in Miami, and knew he sucked.

this team is awful, i forget each offseason and then the first game or two comes around and it just reminds me why it is that being a Jets fan is the worst - I genuinely wish I could switch allegiances to another franchise because this team will never win a SB, never achieve consistent success, its just one of those teams - but after nearly 40 years its too late for me - if you are new to the Jets then switch now, save yourself

Bills d linemen are all 7 feet tall

At least we're not Miami or Cleveland.

• Haha (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That's my favorite picture of Pegula ever :lol: It's the perfect expression of "yeah, my life is ***** awesome". 

Love this win so much for what it shows about the character of the team (and #17). This defense is going to make life miserable for a lot of offenses this year, and if this offense keeps taking steps they're going to win more than they lose. 

Bring on the Giants. :beer: 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

The common denominator is DiMarco. He gave a huge pop up on some of Peterman's famous 5 turnover half as well. I am amazed that we still put anywhere near being a receiver on pass plays.

DiMarco?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think DiMarco was involved with any of today's turnovers?

The first one was a strip sack, the second was a ball that Cole Beasley popped up in the air off his trail leg, the third was Morse snapping the ball directly into his own ####### getting blown off the ball, and the final one was tipped up in the air by the left end.

I'll have to watch the all-22 to confirm, but watching in real time I thought DiMarco played well.

• Like (+1) 4