Bills (1-0) at Jets (0-1) Postgame thread

YoloinOhio

49 minutes ago, Simstim said:

Seems to me the biggest difference maker was CJ Mosley. He was on, we were poor. He was off, we were much better.

I don't really agree with this narrative. Yes, Mosley made some big plays and not having him as a signal caller late in the game definitely hurt the Jets, but the Bills were moving the ball with ease in the first half as well, they were just turning the ball over. It's not like the Jets D was stifling when Mosley was in and then fell apart, it was just the Bills made a lot of mistakes in the first half, but not the second.

In the first half, we had two 9-play drives, a 7-play drive, a 5-play drive. They only had one 3-and-out and only two punts. The rest of the drives ended with turnovers. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Or Allen being a total gamer.

Allen is a winner, for sure. Not sure he'll ever get to a place of consistent, elite QB play, but I bet he'll win a lot of games.

30 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Yeah, Gore would be better late in a game when the other team's D is tired. That's how I thought they'd use him. They were probably playing it safe by giving the veteran the start and trying to ease the rookie in. 

I guess we can consider him eased in now

Good take kind sir!!!

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You attack the other teams' weakness.

Yea, they're strong in the middle of the field so you run outside. Don't understand why "strong up the middle" means throw the ball every down.

Edited by Luka

4 minutes ago, PayDaBill$ said:

What I like about JA for a youngster he’s got ball$ .... turnovers didn’t make him flinch just kept plugging away.  

Also I’ll add I like what the Bill$ did with the draft.

The word is resilience. He showed it today

13 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

It wasn’t a great throw, but the pick itself was flukey.  The ball just took a funky hop right into Mosley’s hands.  It wasn’t the type of pick that leaves you shaking your head about the quarterback’s decision making, and makes you question if he’s “the guy”.  It was the unfortunate kind that happen over the course of a season, and you hope the team can overcome.  All four turnovers were exactly the same variety.

Exactly correct. There wasn't anything Allen did today that made me think he didn't belong out there. Much improved in decision making, in accuracy, in reading the D. And he never panicked.

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Allen is a winner, for sure. Not sure he'll ever get to a place of consistent, elite QB play, but I bet he'll win a lot of games.

I will settle for wins over stats.  I think he will be one of those guys that will win games but doesn't have highlight stats...but will have highlight moments.  Feeling encoruaged.

54 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

For a young guy, he didn't let adversity get him down.  Allen showed a resolve you can not be coached.

Good quote from Coach Cowher on post-game... he said "adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it." 

I had my doubts earlier in the game, but Allen shook off the turnovers and made plays when he had to.  He wasn't alone... it was a great team win.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Watched on NFL ticket.  The other six games that were on....some really bad offensive football was played across the league. 

Yup, the poor play is because teams are Not taking preseason seriously, they are not capitalizing on the given opportunity to play opposing teams to fine tune their own games, they are treating it like the pro bowel.

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

1 hour ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Totally inaccurate. The jets pretty much played the same way the entire game. There was no “collapse.” The Bills finally got out of their own way. 

This 100%.  The Bills controlled that whole game, turnovers just killed them in the first half.  

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Sandhill Mike said:

Good quote from Coach Cowher on post-game... he said "adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it." 

I had my doubts earlier in the game, but Allen shook off the turnovers and made plays when he had to.  He wasn't alone... it was a great team win.

Cowher stole than from John Wooden who probably lifted it from someone else, like Marcus Aurelius.

Edited by yungmack
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, yungmack said:

Exactly correct. There wasn't anything Allen did today that made me think he didn't belong out there. Much improved in decision making, in accuracy, in reading the D. And he never panicked.

Its been said by others... And by you here.  But it appears we found a franchise QB.   Despite the fluke turnovers, he persevered.  Never looked lost. Amd just kept making the plays that needed to be made.  He made every throw.. Long and short, hit receivers in stride, led the team when they needed it most.  Damn fine way to start the season!!     

• Like (+1) 9

19 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

It wasn’t a great throw, but the pick itself was flukey.  The ball just took a funky hop right into Mosley’s hands.  It wasn’t the type of pick that leaves you shaking your head about the quarterback’s decision making, and makes you question if he’s “the guy”.  It was the unfortunate kind that happen over the course of a season, and you hope the team can overcome.  All four turnovers were exactly the same variety.

The common denominator is DiMarco. He gave a huge pop up on some of Peterman's famous 5 turnover half as well. I am amazed that we still put anywhere near being a receiver on pass plays.

17 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

:lol:

Hahahaha that is priceless.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2