Bills (1-0) at Jets (0-1) Postgame thread

YoloinOhio

11 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We definitely might have something special in Singletary. We definitely need less or none of Frank Gore and a lot more of Singletary.

No.  This is the wrong take.  Both serve their purpose.  I'm sure Singletary will get lots of action, which is well deserved.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I didn’t pipe in during the game threads as I was entertaining.

I’m calling BS on all you “ Fair Weather” fans throwing this Offense under the bus before the game was over.

Shameful!!!!!

This was ostensibly a fifth preseason game for the O which has been almost completely rebuilt from last year. 

NFL games and seasons are Marathons, not sprints. Kelly and Crew had absolute 58 minute stinkers, with multiple turnovers and still pulled them out.

I Billieved the whole game !!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Good teams win a few games that they are not supposed to win.  We shouldn't have won this game when we were down 16-0.  But we kept at it, continued to battle, got a few breaks (when the Jets got them all in the first half), and pulled it out.  This win gives me a lot of hope for this season and the core group as a whole.

Yep.  It’s a road win vs a tough division opponent.  I don’t even think it was ugly.  The Bills had some really bad breaks in the first half, but then stormed back from adversity.  And that defense is smothering.  Good things to come.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rochesterfan said:

Yeah - my 17 yr old daughter was working on homework until the middle of the 3rd quarter.  She came down and things turned around.

The best part was she was out at the fridge getting a snack when the first TD was scored and spent the rest of the game out in the kitchen standing looking at the fridge.  She didn’t dare even peak around at the TV.  

What a trooper!  We kept her up to speed, but she refused to move.

?

That's a good young woman you've raised. I have a Brother in law whose in his early 20's. give me a call in a couple years. 

• Haha (+1) 2

I'll be honest, I walked away for a bit after we went down 16-0.

As I finished using the bathroom, my wife told me she had checked her phone and it was not 16-3. I stayed watching that phone for the rest of the game. Clearly, I was a jinx this week because it was all awful when I was watching.

That game took a year off my life, but I am stoked we won!

• Thank you (+1) 1

The difference between Josh Allen and Darnold is immense in my opinion. Allen is a playmaker, you can improve the turnovers, but you can't make someone a playmaker. His style reminds me of Favre and Elway. Darnold on the hand just has never screamed anything special to me going back to college at USC. He's kind of like Mariota or Cousins, might put up some decent numbers, but doesn't have the swag.

• Like (+1) 5

The “process” gives me hope—we have a positive football culture and the roster McBeane wanted looks like one that will make this an enjoyable year for us—it’s nice to have hope.  

Even if it was “only” the Jets and even though Mosley went out, it was a win with 17 unanswered points in the second half after four first half TOs—our guys showed character—grit and poise.

And, we’re so lucky to have Hauschka (Jets saved a few million but the real cost...).

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, eball said:

No.  This is the wrong take.  Both serve their purpose.  I'm sure Singletary will get lots of action, which is well deserved.

Exactly. You always want Gore getting 1.5x the carries that Singletary gets. He's meant to bruise the defense, and make them sell out for physicality so that Singletary being savant gets them off guard. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1