Sane Fan Check In

Jasovon

The turnovers were not his fault the first int  went off Beasley the fumble was good Jets pressure and he didn't have time to secure the ball

The second fumble was on the Center getting blown up just as he snaps it and the second int was tipped/ blocked at the line.

Just a whole series of misfortunes.

How about that 4th Quarter performance by 17?

The kids a winner. 

5 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

The turnovers were not his fault the first int  went off Beasley the fumble was good Jets pressure and he didn't have time to secure the ball

The second fumble was on the Center getting blown up just as he snaps it and the second int was tipped/ blocked at the line.

The kids a winner. 

Yes he is, only a franchise QB comes back after all that ***** to win the game.

• Like (+1) 1

Why would anyone call for Barkley?  Of Allen's turnovers, one was a fluke that hit off Beasley's shin, one was a batted ball that just happened to pop into the air.  He was moving the ball well and was always poised.  It never even occurred to me to take him out.

• Like (+1) 1

I was at the preseason comeback game last week (and predicted it to my dad after the fumble that made everyone leave), and knew this one was coming too.  Jets were simply not the better team today, and it was only that close due to those 4 fluke first half turnovers.  I knew things would turn around when Devin actually got to touch the ball.

Need Allen in and healthy for all 16 games  McDermott seems to have decided to open things up and we will soon know if Josh is the going to be the long term answer or not. Big comeback win for him today  Hopefully things go smoother going forward without some of these flukey turnovers

What did Allen do in the first half that was so bad he should have been pulled? One fumble looked to me like it should be attributed to Morse and both interceptions were "lucky bounce" types. Some days those things go your way, sometimes they don't.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

The kids a winner. 

1. Bad ball placement,

2. He has to secure that ball and not try the stiff arm

3. the snap is fumbled before the defender is even out of this stance,

4. He threw the ball right at a defender for the tip.

Did he look good in the 4th, yes. He isn't absolved of how bad he looked for 3 quarters and I wish people would stop being so black and white here. Let's see what he looks like against good teams and if he can string some good games together. The 4th with Mosely gone was promising. Play calling was better too. 

Edited by Trogdor
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Bad ball placement, the snap is fumbled before the defender is even out of this stance, and he threw the ball right at a defender for the tip. Did he look good in the 4th, yes. He isn't absolved of how bad he looked for 3 quarters and I wish people would stop being so black and white here. Let's see what he looks like against good teams and if he can string some good games together. 

Morse snapped the ball into his own leg for the fumble (don't think Allen even got his hand on it), and every QB gets balls batted at the line.

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

1. Bad ball placement,

2. He has to secure that ball and not try the stiff arm

3. the snap is fumbled before the defender is even out of this stance,

4. He threw the ball right at a defender for the tip.

Did he look good in the 4th, yes. He isn't absolved of how bad he looked for 3 quarters and I wish people would stop being so black and white here. Let's see what he looks like against good teams and if he can string some good games together. The 4th with Mosely gone was promising. Play calling was better too. 

The Bills won and that's what matters :)