Sane Fan Check In

Jasovon

I am a self proclaimed Josh Allen lover... I honestly dont ever think he will be perfect or amazing like a Brees or a Brady or a Manning.... but this is what I love about him. He is gritty, gutsy and determined. Kudos young man, any QB's would have melted down... but he stepped up when he was needed most.

PS: I think its a travesty that he gets credit for 4 turnovers this game. IMO he gets credit for 1.5 - not great still... the pick 6 not his fault. The first fumble, I will give to him even though Dawkins whiffed - Allen could have tucked it instead of fighting. The tipped INT I give him a .5 for. Darnold had more tipped passes at line than Allen, but Allen's happened to go to defense. The hand off fumble, Morse got shoved into him - I dont even think he touched it.....

Way to effing fight Allen, Smoke, Singletary and the whole defense

Even if the Bills would have lost, I still want Allen playing. It is only the start of his second year....and he didnt play in all the games his rookie season. The pick 6 I dont put on Allen. Looked like Beasley was trying to catch it in his belly instead of hands and it looked like it bounced off his thigh. The fumble from Morse, Allen didnt even get the ball. Yes Allen still had some balls that should have  been INTs. If the Bills are losing games at the end of the season because Allen cant do anything or throwing stupid passes then the heat will really be on him and the Bills may have to keep an eye on college QB's. Bottom line is that unless Allen is injured or the Bills are ahead by 30, he needs to be playing. 

Allen continues to demonstrate the traits that make many skeptical, but that kind of fight is exactly what you want to see from the QB position. He doesn't appear at all rattled by big moments. So it was interesting in that for much of the game, his flaws were on full display and will be dissected by analytics. But in the end, he looked like the guy many believe he WILL be. I didn't want any moral victories. Once "we" cut the lead to 6 and got a stop, I didn't want to see an @Miami 2018 MORAL victory. Brown got open and Allen delivered.  That sequence also featured a negative down and distance which didn't seem to fluster him at all. Without that kind of defensive performance, none of it was possible. We'd likely be talking about everything he did wrong. BUT. He came through when the opportunity presented itself. He has to play better and more consistent if he's going to be the guy, but there are most certainly positives to take away from his performance. Good JA. Terrible JA. Saw it all. And a W is a W.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1