Bills 17, Jets 16!! Game Balls...

YoloinOhio

36 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

This is why I'll always hate any type of QB rating system.  2 INTS-one goes through the receiver's hands & 1 is tipped & results in a fluke INT.  Then Allen runs one in instead of passing for it.  A TD produced is a TD produced.  The QB's #1 job is to win the game.  When Josh got the ball late in the game he drove the team down the field from deep in his own territory and took the lead with a TD .  When Darnold had the ball deep in his own territory he couldn't get the job done.  Stats be damned!  Darnold 13.7 point QB rating win.  Allen 1 point game win.  I'll take a game win over a QB rating win EVERY TIME!!!

qbr is a meaningless stat  It rewards the qb for risk adverse play  Darnold refused to push the ball downfield even they had to have it

8 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

The whole defense. Why not. Bunch of studs bailing out a subpar QB.

24  /  37    64.9%    254 yds   6.9 avg.
28  /  41    68.3%    175 yds   4.3 avg.

Here are both QB stat lines from the Jets game. Tell me who was subpar?

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Mango said:

What the hell is everybody smoking. He was sooo bad today. 

This was not a, “well if we got a couple more breaks” game. We got those breaks and still turned the ball over 4 times. Easily could have been 6 or more. 

That is an all-time great avatar.

• Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

24  /  37    64.9%    254 yds   6.9 avg.
28  /  41    68.3%    175 yds   4.3 avg.

Here are both QB stat lines from the Jets game. Tell me who was subpar?

I’d say both but you’d refute that and that’d be okay. Defense kept them in the game and Allen played much better in the 2nd half. 

Numbers may fib but they dont lie - Allen is pretty ***** currently. I think he’ll get better. He has to.

2 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

2017 he was tops in rushing and had 4.0.

Second was Shady at 4.0

Third was Gordon at 3.9. Then 4.7, 4.1, 4.9, 3.9, 3.7, 4.1., 4.1, and 3.9, 3.7

He's exceptionally good.

And yet the average yards per carry on every NFL running play is over 4.2.

This is why these guys are ultimately quite replaceable.

Just now, JoPar_v2 said:

I’d say both but you’d refute that and that’d be okay. Defense kept them in the game and Allen played much better in the 2nd half. 

Numbers may fib but they dont lie - Allen is pretty ***** currently. I think he’ll get better. He has to.

He dominated the entire game. Those turnovers and field position is what made you think he sucked. Only one TO was on him. He had 2 or 3 questionable throws...out of 37!!!!  He hit every benchmark Allen haters wanted from him today...and yet the goalposts keep moving.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

He dominated the entire game. Those turnovers and field position is what made you think he sucked. Only one TO was on him. He had 2 or 3 questionable throws...out of 37!!!!  He hit every benchmark Allen haters wanted from him today...and yet the goalposts keep moving.

“Dominated”? No promo. No. The defense dominated. Allen happened to get his ***** together when it counted. And that’s good! No hate but allen playing like a 1st round pick??? Not even close. Maybe you got lower standards who knows.

3 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

“Dominated”? No promo. No. The defense dominated. Allen happened to get his ***** together when it counted. And that’s good! No hate but allen playing like a 1st round pick??? Not even close. Maybe you got lower standards who knows.

We outgained the Jets by 150 yards. By 90 yards passing. That's domination. Sorry it goes against your bias.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I have to agree with Allen getting bailed out. If this defense doesn't provide solid play, god knows how bad things really could have got for Allen. Alls well that ends well tho, gotta hand it to the kid. He didn't let the turnovers get him down and ended up rewarding our defense with a clutch throw

Edited by buffalo2218
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I wouldn't say he dominated but his teammates didn't do him many favors.  The first fumble was because of the quick sack.  The pick-six was off Beasley's hands.  The fumbled snap was on Morse.  And then you have Feliciano getting a one-sided taunting penalty to push them out of FG range.  Then there was the safety.

Edited by Doc

2 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Yes as a TEAM they dominated. Not really what you said initially. Josh allen toughed his way outta that one. 

Remember when we passed every down in the 1Q? Allen was moving the team downfield. Beasley's eff-up led to the pick 6. Morse botched the snap. You can blame Allen for the fumble on the sack. But HE PLAYED WELL ALL GAME.

I look forward to your spin next win.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Remember when we passed every down in the 1Q? Allen was moving the team downfield. Beasley's eff-up led to the pick 6. Morse botched the snap. You can blame Allen for the fumble on the sack. But HE PLAYED WELL ALL GAME.

I didn't get to watch the game, but I remember an INT being called back that was said was a terrible throw. Allen did make his share of mistakes today, even Allen will tell ya that

2 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

I have to agree with Allen getting bailed out. If this defense doesn't provide solid play, god knows how bad things really could have got for Allen. Alls well that ends well tho, gotta hand it to the kid. He didn't let the turnovers get him down and ended up rewarding our defense with a clutch throw

Dude absolutely you saw it. People here will defend this guy irrationally. Turnovers? Not his fault. Ball behind the receiver? Wideout mustve f’ed up the timing. Interceptions and pick-6es? Must be zay jones fault. 

Guy’s never gonna lead us to more than 8 wins. Rather have Murray at this point.

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I look forward to your spin next win.

I hope, HOPE i am wrong promo, i really do. I don’t see it yet.

Just now, JoPar_v2 said:

Dude absolutely you saw it. People here will defend this guy irrationally. Turnovers? Not his fault. Ball behind the receiver? Wideout mustve f’ed up the timing. Interceptions and pick-6es? Must be zay jones fault. 

Guy’s never gonna lead us to more than 8 wins. Rather have Murray at this point.

I won't go as far as to say I'd rather have this or that person, this is only Allen's second year. I expected him to make his share of mistakes in this game being on the road. But yeah, you're right, I won't irrationally defend him because I want him to do well. He did deserve criticism today, but also deserved praise. Let's just hope he learns

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

I didn't get to watch the game, but I remember an INT being called back that was said was a terrible throw. Allen did make his share of mistakes today, even Allen will tell ya that

There was a defensive flag. Allen had a free play.

2 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Except he didn't.

3 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said: