Bills 17, Jets 16!! Game Balls...

YoloinOhio

Just now, NickelCity said:

That's an interesting observation. There were a number of plays where I thought he got caught watching Darnold and not his coverage and got exposed. Maybe I missed a bunch? Actually asking.

There were a couple times when I saw something similar but was thinking how could they line up this way and not worry about Bell, versus Milano or Edmunds not quick enough in their reactions. He wasn't perfect and he missed a tackle or two as well. Just overall he made a bunch of plays.

i didn;t go through every post but, i'm glad we won. i was hoping josh would have some confidence. but i didn't expect lazy ball handling.....and cole can't be his only guy.

edit: i also forgot that it still pisses me off when on 3rd downs leslie rushes 4. wtf dude? get your head outta yo ass....

Edited by billsredneck1

3 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The first couple were pretty good. Last one was really bad to kick in end zone when we needed a good one. Terrible pooch. 

With the time left on the clock I screamed from my seats just kick it to the endzone or coffin corner & don't let the Jets touch the ball, I'm sure the coaches told him the same thing.  He wasn't trying to pooch it, he was making sure the Jets couldn't run it back.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i didn;t go through every post but, i'm glad we won. i was hoping josh would have some confidence. but i didn't expect lazy ball handling.....and cole can't be his only guy.

edit: i also forgot that it still pisses me off when on 3rd downs leslie rushes 4. wtf dude? get your head outta yo ass....

Seems to work out ok 

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Here's the thing about Bell.........he surprises you with some nifty plays he makes in traffic and some oooh catches he makes for a RB.......that mesmerizes the viewer.......but he's not a real explosive RB so ultimately he's good for about 4 yards per carry. 

I noticed this. Every time Bell made a play, I thought it was for a big gain and was surprised when I saw 2nd and 6, or 3rd and 5. I think the other factor about his runs is that he starts so far behind the line of scrimmage and uses such patience, his 7 yard (mesmerizing is a good word here) run is really only a gain of four. 

As for the Bills, it helped that we really flew to the ball today. While our tackling could have been better, we definitely swarmed.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ColeB said:

Josh Allen- 24 for 37, 64.9%, 254 yards, 6.9 yds per attempt, INTs give him a poor 71.2 QB Rating

Sam Darnold, 28 for 41, 68.3%, 175 yds,  4.3 yds per attempt, no turnovers, gave him a QB rating of 84.9

Who cares!!!  Allen led his team to victory.  QB rating doesn’t mean much here. 

This is why I'll always hate any type of QB rating system.  2 INTS-one goes through the receiver's hands & 1 is tipped & results in a fluke INT.  Then Allen runs one in instead of passing for it.  A TD produced is a TD produced.  The QB's #1 job is to win the game.  When Josh got the ball late in the game he drove the team down the field from deep in his own territory and took the lead with a TD .  When Darnold had the ball deep in his own territory he couldn't get the job done.  Stats be damned!  Darnold 13.7 point QB rating win.  Allen 1 point game win.  I'll take a game win over a QB rating win EVERY TIME!!!

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, NickelCity said:

I was sweating through my shirt compadre.

Same. I'm conditioned to expect disaster. One thing I'll say is that McDermott's teams have been really solid in these tight games.  That goes a long way in my book when evaluating a coach.

50 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

Well if Cole cant be his only guy, it’s probaby a good thing Brown had a big day. 

3 hours ago, Mango said:

What the hell is everybody smoking. He was sooo bad today. 

He was not bad. Not at all. He tried to do too much in the first half and I'm hoping he will eventually learn to rein that in. He also threw multiple amazing passes and consistently had the offense moving down the field. 8-10 for 102 yards and a TD in the 4th quarter. In what universe is that bad?

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Defense was very good today but tackling could have been better for sure.  

Uh, sure. They could have held them to 0 points instead of 8, in a game where they were constantly on the field.

The defense was elite today. They gave up one good drive.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Buffalo86 said:

Agreed!  He CAN do... the Milano Mosh!

Was at the game today and I have to say I was paying attention to Milano. I was worried about him coming off the injury, but he was a stud! Constantly around the ball and making plays. Glad to see that. Our defense is so much better with him on the field!

• Like (+1) 1