Bills 17, Jets 16!! Game Balls...

YoloinOhio

Brown - Consistently was beating his man and caught everything thrown his way

The entire defense- many of them played well they smothered the Jets and they rarely could find any rhythm.  Stopped them in critical situations

McD - Leader of men.  The team never gave up despite have all the fluky stuff go against them.

Singletary - Without his spark and playmaking ability we dont win.  I said it after we drafted him despite all the teeth gnashing that he was going to end up being the main RB on the team.

Allen - Played better than his stats showed, aside 3-4 passes he showed remarkable poise, stood tall under pressure, made some very nice passes and led us to victory with clutch throws.  True gamer

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Offense- John Brown

Defense- Jerry Hughes 

honorable mention:

Singletary

milano

wallace

shaq

invisible man- tredavious. Exactly what you wanna be as a #1 corner. They don’t even mess with that man

i give Josh a lot of credit for bouncing back

after a couple unfortunate and boneheaded plays

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 2

Big win! 

Learned how to win today. Everyone got a more comfortable with each other. It was clear early Daboll or McDermott preferred Gore to Singletary for running. Or at least they didn’t trust Singletary to run. The entire field opened up once Singletary got involved running. This line is built to run blocking. Singletary is going to be a stud. 

This D is going to be stout all year. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Everyone is raving about Singletary but it was the oline and execution that set up those plays. Still happy but give the credit to the oline. Josh Allen is a man and acts like it on he field. Darnold looked like garbage all day but all bills fans in the game thread and announcers kept sucking up to darnold. Football really is a team game and people don’t understand when something goes wrong it just isn’t one person. Josh had some unlucky plays but overall I was very happy with his play today and really appreciated how he staid poised all game. 

Josh Allen- 24 for 37, 64.9%, 254 yards, 6.9 yds per attempt, INTs give him a poor 71.2 QB Rating

Sam Darnold, 28 for 41, 68.3%, 175 yds,  4.3 yds per attempt, no turnovers, gave him a QB rating of 84.9

Who cares!!!  Allen led his team to victory.  QB rating doesn’t mean much here. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I meant that there was no threat of a block. It wasnt that he needed to hurry to get it off.

I'll have to go back and watch, but I'll assume they were trying to block it since it was desperation time.  And Bojo was probably told to expect it and to get it off quickly.  In any case, he did his job today.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Pretty sure in that situation he’s just instructed to get the kick off ASAP priority one

True. And that is the most important thing. But it is an easy pooch for an NFL punter, and kicking it into the endzone in that exact situation is a pretty bad play. He was good though.

• Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Dabol needed to go to him more often. Passing every down if the first quarter and most of the first was stupid. Thankfully he wisened up in the second half  or McD gave him a pep talk with vigorous clapping !!

?

I commented in the Shoutbox partway through the first half that I thought the playcalling was very strange. 

Some.....doubtless astute and knowledgeable "fan"...."politely corrected me".  He seemed to think the Jets questionable CB and stout DL called for a steady aerial diet.

But it was indeed very strange set of playcalling overall for a stout DL and questionable LB and a young QB.   I think it gave Allen a bad case of "heroics" feeling it was all on him. 

All's Well that Ends Well! as the Bard would say

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ColeB said:

Josh Allen- 24 for 37, 64.9%, 254 yards, 6.9 yds per attempt, INTs give him a poor 71.2 QB Rating

Sam Darnold, 28 for 41, 68.3%, 175 yds,  4.3 yds per attempt, no turnovers, gave him a QB rating of 84.9

Who cares!!!  Allen led his team to victory.  QB rating doesn’t mean much here. 

Darnold wins the QB rating game.  Allen wins the actual game.  I'll take it.

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Game completely changed when Mosley went out. That guy was worth every penny the Jets paid for him.

Allen makes some train wreck decisions. Just ridiculously bad. Should've had two more INTs but played better once the Bills started to get some traction on the ground.

Ill take it, but offense and Allen better figure out a different approach.... he still scares me a bit going forward.

So There You Are!  Coming in this time o' night!

• Haha (+1) 3