Week 1 - 5 key things I’m interested in and excited to watch!

Alphadawg7

Week 1 is finally here!  Can’t wait for kickoff and here are the things I’m looking at this week and can’t wait to watch!  

1 - Obviously, Josh Allen and his development is top of the list.  I’m curious though to see how much he runs this week.  With better pass pro, weapons, and run game around him, he shouldn’t NEED to run as much, but also coaches said they don’t want to take that part of his game away either.  So will be interesting to see how many times they use it as a weapon and how often he has to take off.

2 - WR group.  Seeing if John Brown can showcase all that was hyped during camp is going to be fun to see.  We didn’t get to see a lot of him in preseason.  Will the Cole and Allen connection be as frequent as hyped too?  Zay, can he prove on the field that he should be starting over Foster and hold that role down with consistent play.  Foster we learned was slowed by a toe injury, so can he battle back over the early weeks this year to challenge for the starting job?  Will McKenzie get more than a few gadget plays?

RB rotation - This should be a tough week for our run game, Jets front 7 is stout.  I’m not expecting a huge day on the ground, but I’m interested in how the snaps are divided up.  I have a feeling all 3 RBs will get a decent amount of snaps each.

Edmunds - Outside of Allen, Edmunds is my next guy I’m most excited to see this year.  Can’t wait to see him in a live game with a year under his belt as he leads this talented D.  And they got a tough test with Bell this week, so looking forward to seeing him anchor this front 7 this week.

Oliver - Can’t wait to see if he can come out fast in his first game and be problem for this Jets OL.  If this kid has a strong rookie campaign, our our D is gonna be legit.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 4

47 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Pretty tall task to contain Bell and get pressure on Darnold. I'm no fan of the bend but don't break scheme at all, I'll pray to whatever god will listen that we apply pressure to Darnold consistently

That is correct.  The last time they played Darnold, they didn't bring the pressure and they paid for it

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Week 1 is finally here!  Can’t wait for kickoff and here are the things I’m looking at this week and can’t wait to watch!  

1 - Obviously, Josh Allen and his development is top of the list.  I’m curious though to see how much he runs this week.  With better pass pro, weapons, and run game around him, he shouldn’t NEED to run as much, but also coaches said they don’t want to take that part of his game away either.  So will be interesting to see how many times they use it as a weapon and how often he has to take off.

2 - WR group.  Seeing if John Brown can showcase all that was hyped during camp is going to be fun to see.  We didn’t get to see a lot of him in preseason.  Will the Cole and Allen connection be as frequent as hyped too?  Zay, can he prove on the field that he should be starting over Foster and hold that role down with consistent play.  Foster we learned was slowed by a toe injury, so can he battle back over the early weeks this year to challenge for the starting job?  Will McKenzie get more than a few gadget plays?

RB rotation - This should be a tough week for our run game, Jets front 7 is stout.  I’m not expecting a huge day on the ground, but I’m interested in how the snaps are divided up.  I have a feeling all 3 RBs will get a decent amount of snaps each.

Edmunds - Outside of Allen, Edmunds is my next guy I’m most excited to see this year.  Can’t wait to see him in a live game with a year under his belt as he leads this talented D.  And they got a tough test with Bell this week, so looking forward to seeing him anchor this front 7 this week.

Oliver - Can’t wait to see if he can come out fast in his first game and be problem for this Jets OL.  If this kid has a strong rookie campaign, our our D is gonna be legit.  

Really went out on a limb with our last 3 first rounders, 2 biggest free agent signings and our most controversial offseason move 

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Really went out on a limb with our last 3 first rounders, 2 biggest free agent signings and our most controversial offseason move 

Out on a limb?  I’m supposed to be excited things that would be out on a limb?  Lol, don’t even follow that logic.

27 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Out on a limb?  I’m supposed to be excited things that would be out on a limb?  Lol, don’t even follow that logic.

I was just giving you a ribbing that your list was pretty obvious. Normally people don’t wait out the whole offseason to post an hour before kickoff that they are excited to see the 5 things every national writer would have on their cliche bills things to watch list. I was just expecting bolder things from you. 

37 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I was just giving you a ribbing that your list was pretty obvious. Normally people don’t wait out the whole offseason to post an hour before kickoff that they are excited to see the 5 things every national writer would have on their cliche bills things to watch list. I was just expecting bolder things from you. 

No worries, but I was just talking excitement things, not mind bending convo