is the patriots current wr group the best in NFL history?

6 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

is the patriots current wr group the best in NFL history?

No. 

WR is the hardest position to compare against other eras. 

Lofton- Reed-Beebe was pretty good.  If they only knew how good Tasker was when they had these guys. 

Edited by Bob in STL

8 hours ago, Mark80 said:

No, they are not better than Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, and Dallas Clark.  No, they are not better than Randy Moss, Chris Carter, and Jake Reed.  A malcontent and a drug addict.  Please.

A malcontent and drug addict. You just described Randy Moss and Cris Carter.

On 9/8/2019 at 11:00 AM, Capco said:

I still think the Greatest Show on Turf had a better group.  Although who knows how this season plays out.  Maybe they do eclipse the 2000 Rams.  

They could, but, they have so many questions.

Antonio Brown - may have calculated his way out of town in Oakland.  But, if he wanted to win a Championship he could have in Pittsburgh last year, but, he went MIA week 17.  My thought is he has more mental issues and they will continue to rise and could at ANY point in time.  I don't think he gets thru the Season without showing his true colours.

Josh Gordon - He is one drug test away from not playing and his track record is not good.  I hope he does well and continue to play without suspension.  But, history would suggest he  won't make it through the year

Julian Edelman - He is good and consistent

Demaryius Thomas - He isn't the player he was and may never be.  He also, might not be good enough to play or make an impact on a week to week basis

Tom Brady - Father time is not on his side.  These WRs will surely help prolong that and I believe that is the plan.  I think the plan is a good one to help Brady and the Pats **.  The plan will help the Pats ** play at a high level, but, I don't think these 4 WRs will be the greatest of all time.  Enough questions, flexibility, and options to fill in and support Brady and the Pats **....but, I don't think they will be the greatest of all time.  A lot of hedging their bet with tremendous upside 

So, question marks on their WRs, but, if everything lines up, they could be the best WRs of all time, but, unlikely they start performing like that and very unlikely they can play like that for the entire season