is the patriots current wr group the best in NFL history?

2000 Rams - Holt, Bruce

1989 49ers - Rice, Taylor

1998 Vikings - Carter, Moss

2004 Colts - Harrison, Wayne

1991 Bills - Reed, Lofton, Beebe

2007 Patriots - Moss, Welker

2005 Cardinals - Fitzgerald, Boldin

2010 Packers - Jennings, Nelson

This year alone I'd take multiple groups over theirs:

Falcons: Jones, Ridley, Sanu

Browns: Beckham, Landry

Rams: Cooks, Kupp, Woods

Texans: Hopkins, Fuller, Stills

Vikings: Thielen, Diggs

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Moss and Welker = Better

Bruce and Holt = Better

Harrison and Wayne = Better

Rice and Taylor = Better

Moss and Carter = Better

And there are more, but no need to list them all.

Antonio Brown is amongst the best ever, and best of his era, but Gordon hasn’t done anything but have one great season like 90 years ago.  Edelman is a great player in their system, but he’s not nearly as good as the WRs in those other great duos. 

• Like (+1) 1

Multiple teams in history have had two Hall of Fame WR's on it

and as MJS pointed out above there are plenty of other candidates past and present.

If you were after clicks you have succeeded,

if you really believe it, you need to calm down and rethink it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Probably, in terms of raw talent because it's three top level guys. But one or both of Gordon and Brown will flame out before the end of the season. History tells us that. Josh Gordon hasn't played a full season since 2013 and Brown has quit on two teams this calendar year. So I would probably take Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison or Issac Bruce and Tory Holt. Or for that matter Swan and Stallworth in Pittsburgh or Clayton and Duper in Miami. 

Or Reed and Lofton.

• Like (+1) 1

Season hasn’t even started and both Gordon and AB’s are unknowns for this year.  You don’t know what to expect.

Interesting thing Chris Mortensen brought up.

He’s been told that AB had a lot of freelance with Big Ben...sort of like Fitz and Stevie Johnson.  It doesn’t work that way with Brady and the Pats.  You’re supposed to be exactly where you’re supposed to be.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Season hasn’t even started and both Gordon and AB’s are unknowns for this year.  You don’t know what to expect.

He’s been told that AB had a lot of freelance with Big Ben...sort of like Fitz and Stevie Johnson.  It doesn’t work that way with Brady and the Pats.  You’re supposed to be exactly where you’re supposed to be.

Imagine what happens when Brown is where he is supposed to be, open, and the ball goes to Edelman. 

Thats going to be glorious. 

35 minutes ago, Capco said:

I still think the Greatest Show on Turf had a better group.  Although who knows how this season plays out.  Maybe they do eclipse the 2000 Rams.  

...THAT was some damn exciting football.....honorable mention to Marino and the Marks Brothers.....kudos to Dan Fouts and Air Coryell......

14 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I've said this for years.  When you watch the Steelers, their wideouts excel when the play breaks down and Ben is extending the play with his legs.  That's why their wideouts that get problematic and leave, e.g. Wallace, don't excel on other teams.  They just become "another receiver."  I'm hoping Brown goes the same way, gets frustrated and causes problems.

18 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Brady is going to be the problem. He's 42.

Last year he was hurt to the point that they started running the ball every play.

Now he's going to hold the ball a little more... Take more hits....

I don't see it ending well. It will look scary for a bit though.

If folks keep saying this every f-ing year, I guess it will be right eventually.

No. It's basically a duo because I don't see Josh Gordon as really being elite or anything close so it's AB and Edelman. Taylor, Rice. Rice, Tim Brown. Monk, Clark, Sanders. Irvin, Harper. Stallworth, Swann. Harrison, Wayne. Carter, Moss.

Edited by H2o