is the patriots current wr group the best in NFL history?

Probably, in terms of raw talent because it's three top level guys. But one or both of Gordon and Brown will flame out before the end of the season. History tells us that. Josh Gordon hasn't played a full season since 2013 and Brown has quit on two teams this calendar year. So I would probably take Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison or Issac Bruce and Tory Holt. Or for that matter Swan and Stallworth in Pittsburgh or Clayton and Duper in Miami. 

• Like (+1) 2

Steelers with Brown and some of the other good WR's they have had in recent years were better.

Josh Gordon is a shell of himself. He had 1 good year like 10000 years ago. Thomas is a shell of himself. Even Edelman is a shell of himself after getting injured every year.

They aren't even the best in the current NFL. They aren't even the best the Patriots have ever had.

No, they are not better than Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, and Dallas Clark.  No, they are not better than Randy Moss, Chris Carter, and Jake Reed.  A malcontent and a drug addict.  Please.

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 3

Pure talent I'd say yes, but I don't think production wise they will be.

New England has never been a team that has a prolific offense always been methodical and very productive, always spreading the wealth out to even the 6th and 7th wr or 3rd te, 4th rb etc.

I also don't think they will last and don't mesh well together at all

Edited by Cheektowaga Chad