9/8 Around the NFL Gameday Thread

BuffaloBill

The Steelers, for better or worse, lost major talent. Smith-sheister ain't no ab and James Connors sure as hell ain't to leveon bell. Connors is in fact a very average back. But does a good job in the receiving game. Pitts d is middle of the road too. But the Pats do look damn good tonight which is scary.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

The Steelers, for better or worse, lost major talent. Smith-sheister ain't no ab and James Connors sure as hell ain't to leveon bell. Connors is in fact a very average back. But does a good job in the receiving game. Pitts d is middle of the road too. But the Pats do look damn good tonight which is scary.

Conners now just average? Wasn't he the reason why everyone keeps saying you don't need to spend money on a RB because you can get them anywhere and that he was the reason why they could let Bell sit out?

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

Conners now just average? Wasn't he the reason why everyone keeps saying you don't need to spend money on a RB because you can get them anywhere and that he was the reason why they could let Bell sit 

Average as a runner in my eyes. Was not good the second half of last season and tonight hes 10 for 21.

40 minutes ago, eanyills said:

So under wraps that Roethlisberger and Todd Haley had to be physically separated and kept away from each other on multiple Sundays? They needed a middle man because the two refused to talk to each other for an entire season. 

Yeah, totally under wraps. Tomlin has had more talent at the prime positions than most coaches could dream of and he managed one SB victory on the heels of a veteran laden team built by Cowher.

Look, he has had zero losing seasons in 12 years with a lot of personnel turnover. The NfL is a rough business with a lot of a-holes (including roethlisberger, who by many accounts is a big one) and sadists. At the end of the day, he has 2 SB appearances, one SB victory, and a .654 winning percentage. They have had talent, for sure, but so do a lot of teams that fail.

38 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Agreed. Connor is significantly worse than Bell. I also think Roethlisberger looks kinda near the end. 

2 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Trivia question of the day:  Who was the last Browns QB to win a season opener?

Without looking, derek anderson ?

Edited by dave mcbride

9 hours ago, FUTURIST said:

Unless Lamar Jackson is playing the Dolphins every week he is not very good. Wait until he plays the Chiefs in two weeks. He will look like a bad college quarterback when he actually has to put up points against a good team. 

Schopp hates you know :lol:

9 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Just a random thought as I pop in on the Cardinals game- would you flip them a 3rd or so for Chandler Jones if they end up being terrible? 

No, 5th.

6 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I don't think we have to worry about the Steelers for the wild card.

It is a good year to play the AFCN. I have said it all offseason. Maybe Baltimore with their defense and that funky O will win the division? 

9 hours ago, Bangarang said:

When will teams learn that you never hire a Belichick coordinator to be your HC

When Miami hired Brian Flores over Kris Richard we had a result. Richard can coach and I think will make a decent HC some day. Flores is just another rotten branch off the Belichick tree. 

Deion Sanders said on NFL network after the game that he doesn't think Roethlisberger will finish out the season as Steelers QB.

Said a couple more games of this and he is going to retire.   Said he looks lackluster and the entire team is uninspired.

12 hours ago, Les Vegetables said:

Daniel Jones getting garbage time. Gmen bringing QB controversy to the Bills?

Not according to their HC.   From what I heard on the Radio Eli wasn't horrible.  

The Lions came out ROARING then did their rendition of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button .

7 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Trivia question of the day:  Who was the last Browns QB to win a season opener?

Tyrod Taylor Savior to the ......   oh  Never mind ...  It was a Tie.

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost