9/8 Around the NFL Gameday Thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, Bills2ref said:

It’s the only way to beat him unless you can out gun him. KC is the only team in the AFC that can do that. 

And Andy Reid turns into Tomlin every time he faces Belichick...

1 minute ago, pop gun said:

IMO Tomlin is getting ever closer to thin ice. His teams havent been much more than mediocre for a while now.

Big Ben's arm looks shot...

3 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Brady kills you if you blitz him and he kills you if he has time. I don't know what you do.

You have to beat him rushing four, essentially.  The d-linemen also has to get their hands up when Brady throws.  Also have to be physical with their receivers to disrupt the timing.

The Ravens, Giants, and Broncos, Eagles, and Rams have done it.  The blueprint is out there, though it is amazing how few teams want to try, or can, emulate it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

The bum kicked a FG from the 1 yard line down 20 points in the 2nd half. He should be handed a pink slip before the clock hits 0:00.

That was ridiculous.  Is trying to keep his no shut-out streak alive??

3 minutes ago, pop gun said:

IMO Tomlin is getting ever closer to thin ice. His teams havent been much more than mediocre for a while now.

They haven’t had a losing season in forever. He’s a good coach (people REALLY underestimate the skill it takes to manage 53 personalities, and he’s good at it), but this looks like a transition year for them. 

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

You have to beat him rushing four, essentially.  The d-linemen also has to get their hands up when Brady throws.  Also have to be physical with their receivers to disrupt the timing.

The Ravens, Giants, and Broncos, Eagles, and Rams have done it.  The blueprint is out there, though it is amazing how few teams want to try, or can, emulate it.

It’s A LOT easier said than done. They are just so good at taking what’s available and Brady is so good at picking his spot and getting the ball out right away, that it’s nearly impossible to defend. I hate the Pats. 

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Big Ben's arm looks shot...

It's funny, I was at the store making my picks for today's games and their were a couple older guys talking about this game and Ben, the one guy said to give him a bad game or 2 and he will start threatening retirement again. The way they are playing, he may join Luck soon.......

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

They haven’t had a losing season in forever. He’s a good coach (people REALLY underestimate the skill it takes to manage 53 personalities, and he’s good at it), but this looks like a transition year for them. 

I'm not sure if he is a good coach or not, but I do agree that this may be a transition year for them as they work to replace Bell and Brown and the defence gets older