Dion Dawkins voted Team Captain.

GreggTX

This is great news! He owned up to last season long ago and has now impressed his new teamates with his renewed commitment and work ethic. Look for him to raise his game in 2019. That said, I think there could be some early struggles on the OL due to all the new faces there and all the shuffling and injuries that prevented working the starting 5 together much.

Josh Allen was the other captain on offense. Lo and Edmunds were elected on D. Hauschka and Reid Ferguson on ST.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, KayAdams said:

This says a lot about the development of Dawkins and Edmunds as players and leaders in the locker room. I would have guessed Morse and Hyde instead.

that says something, considering it boils down to being voted on by teammates. A nice young nucleus being built 

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I know ppl were down on Dawkins after last year but I honestly think he is going to be fine and even get a 2nd contract from the bills

It's not a matter of being down on him.  By most people's assessment he did not play as well last year as he did his rookie year.  However we have no idea what the impact of the trainwrecks at LG they played next to him, nor the playcalling. 

I think most on here are hopeful with Spain playing next to him, that Dawkins will have a solid year and earn a contract extension in the off-season.  Some still feel he would be better at LG - based on what I have no idea.  Best case scenario for Buffalo is that he plays like a top 10 LT and he gets paid somewhere around 5th highest contract a year before his contract is up.   I take that back, best case scenario he plays like a top 3 LT and they pay him what he is worth.  I don't see him as a top 3 LT but I can easily see him playing like a top 10 guy.

Edited by Dadonkadonk

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I know ppl were down on Dawkins after last year but I honestly think he is going to be fine and even get a 2nd contract from the bills

Me too. I'd be shocked actually if he doesn't re up here unlike Shaq.

26 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

I guess I'll never understand why LS is a profession, but glad to see ours get some recognition.

It's an important skill. I know it seems like it is a waste of a roster spot, but if the snap is not good, or it is not fast enough, every single punt would get blocked. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/8/2019 at 7:12 AM, MrEpsYtown said:

It's an important skill. I know it seems like it is a waste of a roster spot, but if the snap is not good, or it is not fast enough, every single punt would get blocked. 

And the last LB or TE on the roster couldn't develop this skill?  Used to be that all long snapping was done by a regular player.  Are blocked punts down since that changed?