Antonio Brown RELEASED, signed by PATS

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, Buffalo86 said:

If Brown was really looking to stick it to the Steelers, wouldn't he have wanted them to get as little as possible in return?

That would be a true revenge move, right?  But maybe he really is a misunderstood team player who will love sharing the ball with everyone else in NE.  :D

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, nikuman said:

But that's EXACTLY my point:  IF Brown was planning all along to void his deal & work his way to the Patriots, then a contract with the Bills means that we'd be dealing with this mess instead of the Raiders.  That said, I don't really think that he had devised some long term "grand plan" to end up in NE.

I don't disagree with that.  My point is that Brown's antics were not some carefully orchestrated ploy to end up on the Pats.  He's been a knucklehead since day 1, the Steelers enabled it, and it eventually spiraled out of control.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Luka said:

Yea, imagine that. Couple of TV personalities running a team.

With a tv personality on the team.  And a team of TV people(hard knocks) looking for TV personalities while they are there.

Edited by The Wiz

2 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

This really, really sucks...however. The Patriots are a very disciplined team and demand their players to be disciplined. So, this makes me wonder if this was all staged by Brown or will he screw this up and not get a ring?

He signed a 1-year deal....I'm guessing all of this "doing what's right for me" talk had nothing to do with his pay/contract/cold feet/helmet and everything to do with a ring.  As badly as I'd like to see NE implode, I'm guessing he plays the role model WR for one year just to get his ring.

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

That's just wrong, dude. Wrong. You need to make immediate amends to the football Gods. This is known. The sooner the better, but definitely before kickoff tomorrow. 

How about this..........

He gets food poisoning one night before playing the Bills, both times.

Does that work? It's kinda an injury..........

Edited by Seasons1992
  • Haha (+1) 1

Mayock is a god dam chump. Worst gm in the league, other players are right to call him out as being a joke. Might as well hand the patriots another Super Bowl trophy. Still am interested in seeing the growth of this team this year, but it’s obvious patriots are going to walk through the afc yet again. 

14 minutes ago, Chemical said:

The more I think about this the more I’m upset at the Raiders for releasing him. 

Yeah, why do teams never punish guys who don’t want to play by simply keeping them on the roster? This happens quite frequently in today’s NFL, guys know they can get what they want by whining. 

• Like (+1) 1

The numbers of posters here who said “Please don’t sign with the Pats” or “Well, there you go, two losses against the Pats” really need to get a grip on reality. He’s just a guy. An entitled, cocky, disturbed, off-kilter human being. I’d put Trey White on him for a few plays, then Levi Wallace. The refs will not give him any benefit of the doubt. After 30 minutes of no catches, he’ll fall apart. This is the BEST scenario for the Bills. Welcome to NE AB!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

How about this..........

He gets food poisoning one night before playing the Bills, both times.

Does that work? It's kinda an injury..........

Nope. You can't wish ill health or injury to an opponent. This is known.