Antonio Brown RELEASED, signed by PATS

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, Buffalo86 said:

It's a moot point.  If Brown was planning all along to void his deal & work his way to the Patriots, then a contract with the Bills wouldn't have mattered.

If we're saying that Brown decided YESTERDAY that he wanted to go to the Pats, I'll buy it, but that doesn't come close to wiping out his craziness over the last 9 months (and it sounds like much longer than that).

It could've been Brown's plan all along. Steelers refused to trade him to the Patriots so he wasn't getting there from Pittsburgh.

Maybe Brown knew the Raiders were the only team dumb enough to send the Steelers a 3rd and a 5th in order to ultimately send Brown to the Pats.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gary Busey said:

Preseason is still preseason even if it's the Patriots. I'll be impressed with Stidham when he gets in a regular season game and executes.

Yup.  He was basically playing against other college teams. 

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

I agree on the craziness.  But if the Bills had traded for him, they'd probably also be out a pick or picks.

Totally agree with that part.  Honestly, I don't like the fact that McBeane even attempted to bring this guy in.

Well it could be much worse  .  WE could be Raiders fans (they gotta be pissed) Worse it could be the Bills that got to enjoy a training camp of AB's shenanigans for the cost of only a 3rd and 5th round pick. Man I feel bad for long time Raiders fans.  You're team moving is bad enough but this circus on top of it  Just  wow

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo86 said:

It's a moot point.  If Brown was planning all along to void his deal & work his way to the Patriots, then a contract with the Bills wouldn't have mattered.

If we're saying that Brown decided YESTERDAY that he wanted to go to the Pats, I'll buy it, but that doesn't come close to wiping out his craziness over the last 9 months (and it sounds like much longer than that).

But that's EXACTLY my point:  IF Brown was planning all along to void his deal & work his way to the Patriots, then a contract with the Bills means that we'd be dealing with this mess instead of the Raiders.  That said, I don't really think that he had devised some long term "grand plan" to end up in NE.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, H2o said:

Well, the Pats get the last laugh on us again. They released Bodine to clear cap space for AB. It's basically like they traded us a 6th for Brown. Well done hoodie, well done. 

Bodine must not have been much of a cap hit.

Just now, nikuman said:

But that's EXACTLY my point:  IF Brown was planning all along to void his deal & work his way to the Patriots, then a contract with the Bills means that we'd be dealing with this mess instead of the Raiders.  That said, I don't really think that he had devised some long term "grand plan" to end up in NE.

He's not smart enough to orchestrate any of this. Don't give him that much credit.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

Well it could be much worse  .  WE could be Raiders fans (they gotta be pissed) Worse it could be the Bills that got to enjoy a training camp of AB's shenanigans for the cost of only a 3rd and 5th round pick. Man I feel bad for long time Raiders fans.  You're team moving is bad enough but this circus on top of it  Just  wow

Don't feel bad for long time Raiders fans.........they've won SB's and a lot of games from the 60's until the 1990's.

They were also in a SB 7 years AFTER the Bills last won a playoff game.

Charity starts at home.:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

It could've been Brown's plan all along. Steelers refused to trade him to the Patriots so he wasn't getting there from Pittsburgh.

Maybe Brown knew the Raiders were the only team dumb enough to send the Steelers a 3rd and a 5th in order to ultimately send Brown to the Pats.

If Brown was really looking to stick it to the Steelers, wouldn't he have wanted them to get as little as possible in return?