Antonio Brown RELEASED, signed by PATS

Chandler#81

OK, so here's a question:  Trying to remember, but didn't AB actually approve the trade to the Raiders?  He blew up any talk of a trade to Buffalo, so I thought he agreed to go there.  If his evil plan was always to get himself kicked off a team to join the Pats, then he just as easily could have done this to us.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, nikuman said:

OK, so here's a question:  Trying to remember, but didn't AB actually approve the trade to the Raiders?  He blew up any talk of a trade to Buffalo, so I thought he agreed to go there.  If his evil plan was always to get himself kicked off a team to join the Pats, then he just as easily could have done this to us.

I think AB was fine going to the Raiders.  Then it takes one little thing to upset him

and he goes off the rails.

I can’t see it working out in NE for that very reason...but that’s also wishful thinking.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, nikuman said:

No, Beane didn't want to redo his contract.  Albert Breer has clarified this.

By normal TSW standards, this thread should be locked as no meaningful discussion has happened since 20 pages ago.

OTH, it has documented pissing contests of epic proportions. Never seen in these parts since the benching of Doug Flutie...

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think AB was fine going to the Raiders.  Then it takes one little thing to upset him

and he goes off the rails.

I can’t see it working out in NE for that very reason...but that’s also wishful thinking.

Very wishful...

Antonio Brown w/ Raiders vs. Antonio Brown w/ Patriots

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, nikuman said:

Not necessarily..  I think all of this was orchestrated after he was with the raiders.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, nikuman said:

Just now, Doc said:

No, Beane didn't want to redo his contract.  Albert Breer has clarified this.

It's a moot point.  If Brown was planning all along to void his deal & work his way to the Patriots, then a contract with the Bills wouldn't have mattered.

If we're saying that Brown decided YESTERDAY that he wanted to go to the Pats, I'll buy it, but that doesn't come close to wiping out his craziness over the last 9 months (and it sounds like much longer than that).

• Thank you (+1) 1

Please forgive me, but may I just get this out there if it hasn’t been brought up earlier in this thread.

....what an a**hole.

I’ll sit and wait for the invariable, “oh, he’s actually very smart to do this.”

?

Great, he’s smart a**hole then.  

Edit:  “Men” don’t do this.  Say whatever the hell you want, but they don’t.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Trust me, I hope he imploded the team, but we have seen this story before

new England patriots, home of wayward troubled WR's *eyeroll* yeah Im not thrilled he's going to new England but its no given he's going to get his act together is all Im thinking.

I wonder how the other AFC teams are taking this AB news right now.....I would love to see him play tomorrow but I doubt it'll happen too bad though I bet the steelers woulda lit him UP

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo86 said:

It's a moot point.  If Brown was planning all along to void his deal & work his way to the Patriots, then a contract with the Bills wouldn't have mattered.

If we're saying that Brown decided YESTERDAY that he wanted to go to the Pats, I'll buy it, but that doesn't come close to wiping out his craziness over the last 9 months (and it sounds like much longer than that).

I agree on the craziness.  But if the Bills had traded for him, they'd probably also be out a pick or picks.