Antonio Brown RELEASED, signed by PATS

Chandler#81

18 minutes ago, from_dunkirk said:

I am not going to turn this thread political, but Doc made the first political comment on page 1 of this thread.

Nope.  You just don’t understand words.   

This is embarrassing content.    Can someone send this guy to PPP 

AB calling his boss a cracker is not political and has nothing to do with Trump.   

You are turning this thread into a dumpster fire with all this nonsense. 

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

White men are oppressed!!!

you also realize RI and Riley Cooper dropped some n bombs. Where were their suspensions?  Did you care then?

Cooper was fined, Incognito was suspended for 8 games. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/08/sports/football/richie-incognito-racist-slurs-yannick-ngakoue.html

(Edited for Correct Link)

Edited by ChicagoRic

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Actually it would cost them $9MM guaranteed.

Well, I wasn’t taking salary, structure and bonus into consideration when I used the word “cost”.  I should've been clearer.  Cost in terms of trade assets and risk to the program was my intended use of the word.  You are correct.  He’ll be paid.

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I say he gets cut before the season ends. He won't be getting the ball all the time. He will B word and/or Edelman will B word. AB will do and say something stupid and Bellichick will just say screw you, you're gone. Next idiot!

I've considered this too. I think it depends on which matters more to AB, getting targets or winning. The Patriots are built to run in order to preserve Brady.

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

We are all in agreement that this was CLEARLY in the works for a while right? I haven’t read through the thread but we aren’t all naive enough to think that this Pats deal came together in 30 minutes right?

FWIW, I have a good friend that works in the Falcons front office and they want it investigated. The Steelers are in the same boat.

Nothing the pats have done since belichick has had the reins of the organization..has been ethical from illegal taping of the Rams practice before their first sb which I'm sure helped film study immensely. And other scummy things this is but the latest 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Depends what you mean by a while. I suspect a fortnight ago when Mayock gave the "he is either all in or all out" presser his agent started scouting about for what the "all out" options looked like. 

We are in agreement. It hasn’t been months but it’s been a little while. My buddy at the Steelers works for a guy that was at the Pats forever and he texted him, “if you don’t think that this has been going on for a little while you are an idiot.”

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

You would have to be trolling at this point, right? Nowhere in the definition of racism is suffering required... does it occur sometimes, of course, but it is not a prerequisite of racism... wow.

LOL. The point is Mayock did not suffer. The fact that we can say "cracker", but not the n-word, is indicative of that. Do not compare what Mayock went through with true racism, which has hurt the lives of black people in this country ever since slavery.

Edited by from_dunkirk
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t suspect that it will go anywhere but that’s what I’ve heard from a few people. NO ONE is happy about this around the league.

There won't be any proof..Rosenhaus has clients all over the league -- he can say any contact with NE was about an existing client or just normal business.  Every other team should be pissed about this..but it was a well Krafted plan....*****...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, from_dunkirk said:

LOL. The point is Mayock did not suffer. The fact that we can say "cracker" but not the n-word is indicative of that. Do not care what Mayock went through with true racism, which has hurt black people in this country ever since slavery.

F*** OFF with this stuff.  GO AWAY

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

This sets a bad precedent in the NFL.

All a player has to do is act strange and be a distraction so they can be cut and go wherever they choose.

This won't be the last time you see this.

I agree that it sets a bad precedent.  One can only hope that it gets addressed properly during the next CBA.

I'm sure a lot of owner don't like this at all.

Also, anyone shocked with BB's actions only makes me laugh.  He has proven that over and over.

Teams just have to tighten their chin straps and play the hardest they can.

• Awesome! (+1) 3